Columbia 300 momentum swing

mr storm

mr columbia 300
I just brought this ball on the demo day held at tenpin city with qubica/amf run by glenn rowland,matt riley,jarrod laen and adam goldberg.i got this ball drilled up by paul dalney and andrew frawley.this ball hits so good i couldnt belive the power this ball generates into the pocket and hits like a truck.thanks to the guys who ran the demo day.it's one of the best.

Couldn’t agree more. This is definitely one ball worth investing in. Drilled mine very basic with the pin above the fingers and the CG in the centre of my palm. (Not very technically minded when it comes to drillings)

Tried it out on a bit of oil leaving the box finish on it and found it was really smooth and consistent at the breakpoint and hit very well. If I really tried to loop it, it seemed to run out of a bit of steam and hit a little softer which is sometimes very handy but if I powered it at all then it drove really well. Kept the pins low and made sure that they had the best opportunity to run into each other to increase carry.

After talking to Matt Riley I decided to put a bit of polish on it and then it became a tiger. Really gave it a lot of extra back end pop and has opened up the lane a lot more if wanting to play from the inside. Took it to league to try it out and shot 300 out of the blocks.

Then took it to Mackay on the weekend and again shot 299 and it looked outstanding. Watched Brandon bowl extremely well with one also and even though Brandon has extra speed and rotation to me he was still was able to have it very controlled.

Definitely one of the most versatile balls I have seen in quite a while taking to polish and sanding extremely well. Regardless of the drilling the surface really allows you to create the reaction you want and ensure you can fit this into your range extremely easily while at no time losing any of the carry this ball possess.

I’d really like to thank Glenn and AMFQubica for the chance to throw this ball and I’m sure nobody would be disappointed having the Momentum Swing at their disposal.

i Got mine last week and bowled for the first time in league last night at Southgate in 4 man team league. the ball hits like a Mack truck. Shot 257, 224 and 239 for a 720. this ball hits great but i find that when it comes back to hard that it leaves alot of tenpins but apart from that it is a great ball. in my opinion it ****s all over the Venom. i would recommend this ball to anyone.

I have to agree, got this ball drilled by paul at ten pin city a couple weeks ago, and my ave has gone up by about 15 pins, beautiful ball, mid lane is great and the power it hits thru the heads is terrific

G'Day,

Just picked one up, obsolete or not, it's great value for money.

I love using the ball. For league it has a consistant read of the lane inside or out.

I won't do the usual review, except to say I agree with Carl and that I own two of these, with two more stored away. (Not for sale!)

Try smoothing the surface out to 4000 wet sand, John. They become unbelievably good then, in my experience. It simply doesn't see the heads unless the lanes are Kentucky fried.

Columbia could do a lot worse than to re-release this ball, which I guess is pretty much the Outburst! Although, that's quite a bit stonger than the Momentum Swing.

Back
Top Bottom