Track Mean Machine review

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Ball: Track Mean Machine
Surface: Box
Pin: 3"

Drilling: 3 1/2 to PIN with MB under thumb, balance hole at 5 1/2", 0 side

This ball comes factory dull and I can tell you it hooks a tonne. Unless you bowling on medium to heavy patterns dont even bother with this ball, the cover is far to aggressive.

This ball mixes the successful and very strong Robo core into a strong reactive shell.

I drilled this ball to flare hard but also offer me some control at the breakpoint, by the placing the MB under my thumb and leaving the ball box finish I was able to accomplish this.

Pattern tested on: Coffs Harbour, 41ft, wood, Top hat condition (kegel oiling)

This ball allowed me to play at least 5 boards deeper than any other ball in my bag. On this pattern I found the more I swung the ball the better the reaction. I stood around 24 and played 12 out to 7. For a dull ball, this ball certainly didnt want to quit. There was a lake in the middle of the lane which allowed the ball to at least get half way down the lane before reading the lane but I suspect higher rotation players wouldnt have this luxury.

The cover is very dull but at the same time, the ball really make a significant movement at the breakpoint (more so than the Columbia Action Max).

Anyway after getting off to a slow start in the first block I bowled another qualifiying attempt in Coffs with the Mean Machine, 289 first game, a bunch of 230's in the middle and a perfecto to finish, 300! A respectable 1517 block for 6 :D

This ball really was amazing, for a dull ball it really moves at the breakpoint. I can see this ball being popular with the medium to low rev players who are looking to move a little deeper on some patterns.

In summary,

Total hook, 9.5/10 (I cant imagine anything hooking anymore)

Length, 4/10 (with a cover this dull length isnt a chance)

Backend, 7/10 (for a dull ball its movement is strong and surprising)

Versatility, 6/10 (for medium to heavy patterns only, no head oil, forget about it, this is a hook monster)

Overall, 8/10 A great ball for the heavier stuff, ordinary colour but who cares if it strikes that much!

Another hit from Track, available in Australia from mid October in a good pro shop near you!

You could polish it if you wanted it to go further down the lane before it turned the corner. I'm pretty happy with mine box finish but if polish isnt out of the question in the future.

I'll be in Townsville in 4 weeks, I'll show you the ball then if you want :p

Just got one of these myself. As a person who does not move the ball much on the lane I am now finding I can turn this thing around corners. I had it drilled to be aggressive and it certainly is. Now it is a matter of getting used to this ball and I think then it will be a winner.

I too have a Mean Machine & I'd have to say it's my favorite ball of all time at the moment.

I used it up in Sydney for East Coast & it was the only ball that came out of my bag. It did exactly what I wanted it to do.
I nearly bowled a perfect 300 game with it, but a 279 is the highest so far. I'm sure this ball will do me proud one day...

I'd definately recommend this ball to anyone.

Jenny ;)

Back
Top Bottom