Keon Park Marathon

AMF KEON PARK

Hey Gang,
Keon Park has a 9 No-Tap Doubles Marathon on September 29th at 11:30pm. This is a scratch 9 No-Tap event with a 360 combined average cut-off,
(single entries permitted)
Format:
12 blocks of 2 games
Block prizes paid after each 2 game block, 1st $150.00, 2nd $75.00
Overall prizes 1st $500.00, 2nd $300.00 & 3rd $150.00
Total prize pool $3650.00! (based on 38 teams)
Entry Fee is only $150.00 per team Great Value!
For further info call Rod or Brian on 94604602 or email [email protected]

Just wondering why the average cut off is 360 ,i have bowled ina few of these tournaments before and the cut off has been 380,i'm sure you would get more entries if the cut off is 380 :confused:
regards
Scott Law

Hi Scott,

Back in the 90's when Marathons were at their most popular the cut off was always 360, this gives more lower average bowlers a chance to compete, the higher average guys eg 195 ave. have to find a partner 164 or below.

Hi Scott,
Back in the 90's when Marathons were at their most popular the cut off was always 360, this gives more lower average bowlers a chance to compete, the higher average guys eg 195 ave. have to find a partner 164 or below.

Which I could perfectly understand back in the 90's.... However we are no longer in the 90's.

What about the guys that average 220-230 at that centre? a 360 cap all but rules them out from bothering...

Oh well, it happens...

thats your badluck for bowling in a centre where you are given a 220-230 average!

No-one is given a 220-230 average, It is obtained by knocking over pins, however if you could name a centre over this way that isn't a wall, I would be happy to attend. I also can't wait for Epping to open, as anvilane pro is a more true surface than HPL.

Until then, Keon Park should take into account the fact that there are a massive amount of 200plus average bowlers in their centre that might want to compete, and a 380 cap would draw more entries, ESPECIALLY since their lanes are walled up.

Just my opinion...

The "fact" is that the majority of bowlers at Keon Park or in any Centre do not average over 200, 200+ bowlers have plenty of tournaments to bowl in why do they ALL need to cater to this minority. Its about time that the rest of the bowling community with averages between 140 and 200 had the opportunity to bowl in a decent tournament and win some cash.

Its your tournament and thats your call but most of the handicap bowlers that have any interest in bowling in this kind of event are bowling graded in ECCC. Just an idea to get better numbers after all it is 9 no tap.
Tonx my 6yo nephew has a low enough ave too bowl with you but he will only bowl if you can give him a lift to the wiggles next week lol

Christian

Is there a limit on ave for a single bowler ?

nah i was just having a very boring day at work and couldn't think of anything better to say? maybe there might be a 155 average out there to bowl with me who knows?

CHRISSY said:
Tonx my 6yo nephew has a low enough ave too bowl with you but he will only bowl if you can give him a lift to the wiggles next week lol
Christian

6 year old at 11.30 pm. Common Chrissy. Isn't that way past his bedtime :mrgreen:

Can any Sanctioned bowler enter
I’m from country Vic
We don’t have much down here for average bowlers

My league average is 124 - but I'm getting better! Who wants me? hahahahaaa! Where's Keon Park, by the by?

Back
Top Bottom