Jarrod Langford 852

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Jarrod Langford rolled one of the best sets I have ever witnessed this morning in Generation Gap league. 275/300/277 for 852, and with a little luck could have been even bigger (front 9 cold 8pin first game). Great effort from the Burdekin junior. Bowled on 3 & 4 with Chloe Wilson, who also had a pb with 659, a nice 1511 set between them. Shot with his new Uproar, but could have used a house ball the way he was hitting it lol.
That's a new centre record for 3 games at Kirwan, btw.

Hey Colin,

Are you saying this is Jarrod's second 300 this week, or did someone else bowl one? Just want to make sure my 300 records are up to date.

Cheers

Steve

Well I think it is disrespectful, firstly the two 300's were bowled in two different centres and on two different lane surfaces as our home centre is still timber whilst Kirwan is synthetic. secondly I was there for both and the boy was shooting inside the third arrow for the first one at home and just outside the third arrow for the second at Kirwan. Third the equipment used was different in both cases, a really old gravity at home and the uproar as robbie has indicated at kirwan. Lastly the third game at Kirwan required small adjustments to keep the series going. So the comment about outside 10 boards has no basis in fact.

Proud Dad

You can get back down off your soapbox now.
The 10 board reference is a generalisation on today's Lane patterns. No matter how good you may think your son is throwing it, without assistance from the lane conditions those numbers are not possible. It wasn't an attack on Jarrod, merely a comment on another huge set of scores undermining the credibility of 'honour' scores.

great bowling jarrod.

doesnt look like anyone has any talent these days. you bowl a 300 and its immediately destroying the credibility of the game.

"outside 10 boards are what's on fire!" response to "the kid is on fire" not directed at jarrod. what a croc.

is there an over abundance of juniors coming into the adult ranks on the east coast that we have to undermine there achievements and drive them out of the sport.

maybe its the constant negativity thats fukcing killing the game.

same people, same negativity. and you wonder why the sport is dying just like this site.

Jarrod can play heaps of conditions and is probably in the top 2 or 3 of Australia's brightest prospects. If I was to pick a junior to bowl for my life Id choose him - well played Jarrod and can't wait for you to break open the adult tours soon!

Who said anything about the 300 game Rob? It's the 3 game series that I was thinking of.

Still a bit rich coming from you. Seniors are hardly setting a high standard for Lane conditions. That said, they just want to enjoy themselves and as long as they are happy that's fine. But don't for 1 minute try and defend the integrity of scores bowled on such conditions.
I never said the kid wasn't talented, I've bowled with him before and aside from a bad attitude the kid has talent in spades. We had the country's best bowlers in that Centre last year and I don't recall seeing a 750, so when I see 850+ it makes me wonder.

As for people quitting the game, mainly comes about because there is nothing left to achieve. I'm not saying make it impossible as that does just as much damage, but how about some middle ground where scores can be taken on face value.
You of all people Rob should remember the days of when certain centres started laying a wall and if a 300 or whatever was bowled there it was scoffed at. Problem is that it's spread to most centres now.

Finally, if I caused any offence to young Jarrod, you have my sincerest apologies. You are just playing what's in front of you and that's all you can do.

Jarrod can handle the heat, he dishes it out as good as he gets. Congratulations Jarrod on a magic series. I think this "blow up" was taken way out of context, and probably not the best thread to make lane condition jibes on because it was Jarrod's thread, but if it were mathematically possible to agree with Chris Thomas more the 100%, I would be signing up. Jarrod is a very talented bowler, what is scary is he hasn't even reached his full potential yet, but as is the problem with 99% of bowlers these days is the inflation of scores with "the great wall of China". Juniors think they can bowl on USBC patterns,especially after going to events like the Kegel and think they are playing on "Tokyo" when any deaf, dumb and mute could sign to you that the patterns are fiddled with for scoring. I don't care what Mr Kegel Graeme Rose will tell you, they simply don't have the resources to fully control what is going out on the lanes every squad, and this is an admission from Graeme himself. As the lane conditions get easier, the skill level diminishes, I saw it first hand at President's Shield this year. There was only a handful at best of juniors that could actually hit a target, something that was a prerequisite in our days of juniors just to make the training squad!!!!!. I can tell you that Kirwan is a monstrous ditch, Cairns is a monstrous ditch, by the admission of Frank Nucifora Burdekin is a monstrous ditch. We all know that Mackay has been a massive ditch since the introduction of the Kegel, Mt Isa's house shot is bloody Easy Street. In NQ I seem to be the only hard arsed proprietor actually putting tough stuff down and teaching our bowlers how to play them. Robbie tried this a while back and I take my hat off to him, but the clientèle bucked and left the game. You know what I reckon? The less wingers in the game the better. I have not laid anything greater than a 4:1 down in house for the last 18 months, and the scoring shows. So Greg has an inflated opinion of his son? Maybe, but he is entitled to as he is his father and that will never change. Good luck Jarrod, keep working on your mental game and you will be fine.

Well done Jarrod

Regardless of what people say about the lane conditions you have still achieved a great score don't let anyone take that away from you. There are plenty or good bowlers bowling on the same conditions and i don't see other 850's.

We had the country's best bowlers in that Centre last year and I don't recall seeing a 750, so when I see 850+ it makes me wonder.

If your talking about Rachuig and nationals. yes had the best bowlers from each state that could afford to bowl. doesnt mean the best bowlers in the country were in attendance.

Also in answering your statement about senior conditions. do i agree with the ditches that get put down every tournament. personally, no. but as you said, bowlers only turn up and bowl on what is put in front of them

i enjoyed the WTBA patterns that were layed down for the 1st 3 tournaments last year that were used for the senior world championships selection. id like to see more of them.

unfortunately im in the very small minority i think.

but the reality is if you want good numbers at tournaments these days you have to cater for the majority.

If your talking about Rachuig and nationals. yes had the best bowlers from each state that could afford to bowl. doesnt mean the best bowlers in the country were in attendance

Brendan Meads, Ashley Riley, Paul Trotter, Ronald Voukolous, Andrew Macarthur, Bruno Maglieri, Christian Purdue all bowled rachuig. Mick Little, George Frilingos, Jason Walsh, Sam Cooley and Michael Muir all bowled championships and Masters, seems to me that the best bowlers in the country were in attendance, correct me if I'm wrong

Well done Jarrod, no matter what, that's all that needs to be said........

Robert stop getting your kicks about baiting people.........and also re ditches , you of all people need to learn how to bowl on them, for more than 1 day...
Rachuig....dead and buried years ago......it's for those that are either left,can afford it, or can be bothered......

Give it a rest re all the lane condition bull**** ....very tiresome reading.........

:)

I'm sure you'll find a smart or not response to this Robert...it's just you....can dish it out but can't take it!!

Lets get some perspective here. Currently Jarrod, who topped the averages in the TBAQ State youth rolloffs this year - and would have topped the Rachuig averages as well - is averaging on our 'huge ditch' a massive.... 203. That's over 27 games and that includes the 852. Our house shot is 7:1 on worn HPL. It was the third 800 in 10 years, and I think the 10th 300.

When I said it was one of the best sets I have seen, I wasn't talking about the scores. The execution was pretty much flawless for all three games. Combine that with the fact the ball matched up perfectly and he made all the right little moves at the right time and the result was a pretty special set.

Sometimes everything goes right, and you have a day out.

You can go back to bitching at each other now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom