Visionary Immortal Pearl

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Many thanks to Max for sending me one of these babies so soon. :D

This is the scariest, biggest flaring ball I have ever thrown. But... with some added extras.

Ball started with a 3.5" pin and 2.77oz top weight. Drilled it up without a balance hole, due to the flare potential, with the pin about 1" above the ring finger.

Beleive me, if you have a hand, don't use a weight hole, or drill one very carefully to reduce flare.

Compared to my AMB Bronze, the Immortal is about 4 feet longer, but covering about the same total boards... Not really a hard jerky flip, just a real hard arc. I tried the Bronze on the lanes at the same time, and had trouble controlling it, as it jumped left when it got through the oil... the Immortal just sailed through the oil line and blew the rack away. Used it the whole night, just moved left a bit finding more head oil, but the ball got better and better as the mid lanes burnt up... it just wouldn't quit.

Wanna know how much this mutha can flare??? Try 10 INCHES!! No joke! The last shot of the night, I really ripped on it.... was looking good till it went thump thump on the backend. Yes, it flared the whole ball and hit the fingers. Now most people will not have that trouble, as my rev rate would probably be higher than others, but, it gives you an idea of just how strong this weightblock is.

After throwing this thing, I can't wait for the Immortal Solid to come out... that will be something.

Try 10 INCHES!! No joke!

Thank God, finally a ball that flares that much....Ive lost count of the number of times I thought to myself....Now if only I had a ball that flared the entire ball I'd be doing well.....;)

heheh

Androo subbed in my position last night as im injured...boy am i glad he did. What an absolutly beutiful ball. It was magic. Certainly is one "mutha" of a ball.

Received an email from a customer tonight. Here is the main part of the message:

"The Visionary ball is WONDERFUL!! i'm flaring to my balance hole and it's punching through the pindeck! Shot a 277 with it brand new, and the 7 was my fault, got lazy and it jumped into the pocket"

Bowling Balls Australia said:
Received an email from a customer tonight. Here is the main part of the message:
"The Visionary ball is WONDERFUL!! i'm flaring to my balance hole and it's punching through the pindeck! Shot a 277 with it brand new, and the 7 was my fault, got lazy and it jumped into the pocket"
hey max i read in androos post talk of a solid immortal how far off would that be? That sounds like some ball

Thank you so much for sending me the ball so quickly Max, i'm normally a Storm sorta guy but couldn't resist a ball that has a "conservative 9 inches of flare"... and yes, i'm flaring all the way to my weight hole without deliberately working the ball with all i've got.
Ok... first thing first... the ball is laid out with the pin 3 and 3/8 inches from my PAP and located 75 degrees right and above my ring finger, with the thumb hole positioned just a fraction left of the stacked position. With the access hole the ball ended up with 3/4 finger weight and 3/4 positive side weight.
They say this is a medium oil ball.. but i find it is quite versatile... it goes ok on heavy oil if there there is a large backend/ditch on the side. On broken lanes the ball can slide through dry patches providing there's a bit of speed behind the shot. The traction this ball has after removing the residue on the coverstock is incredible, producing an amazing backend with a very strong carry on the pindeck, very forgiving with light/heavy pocket hits!
Definitely a ball to get for those strokers out there that wants more angle into the pocket, and crankers... well... find a lane with a bit of oil and enjoy the backend motion! :)

Back
Top Bottom