Im New 2 Bowling

Cambo_1982

Hey there everyone

My name is Cameron Bramley and i would like to introduce myself!

I have only just started bowling 3 weeks ago and im already hooked on the sport of Ten Pin Bowling.

I must say it give me so much more enjoyment than Motorsport gave me as there is so much less time unloading setting up and the fun part doing Ten Pin Bowling and its a fair bit more social than Motor Racing is so i hope to make some friends in the City of Melbourne.

i look forward to hearing from you

Cheers From Cambo : )

Thank you i have had 1 or 2 amazing bowls in one or two frames in the 3 weeks i have been bowling for and i pretty much started playing league all rdy tomorrow night will be my 3rd league game and i am looking forward to see what my average will be : )

Cheers From Cambo

Camblo, once bowling is in your blood it will never leave. Watch your bank account, as bowling can be as expensive as some motor sports.

Enjoy the sport for everybody.

Hey Roy,

I think a big thing for new bowlers when buying a ball is to buy new old stock. Save your money and buy two or three old stock balls as a better option to buying one super ball for one condition. For league hacks like myself, old stock is better value for money.

Well i have 2 bowling balls now and looking for more ;) its hard to find the right one weight and type but i will find one at some stage and yes i might be getting more stuff soon what i need to do it test out some demo balls somewhere in Melbourne!

Hi Cambo,

I understand, when I started bowling again just on two years ago. First ball was a 14lb, then bought three more and found issues with carry over time in some centers. Then stepped up with four 15lb balls. Found the carry was better but struggled to be accurate with the 15lb's over ten games.

I bought two old stock 14.5lb, carry and accuracy was better. I have since bought another 4 x 14.5lb balls for tournaments and have two league balls, one of which doubles as my tournament spare ball.

Then I went back and sold off the 15lb balls and have a couple of 14lb left that I use to play with drillings on now. Costly process but not over the top as all balls bought where new old stock saving heaps and I drill my own gear. Again saving $100's.

Getting a couple of weights, even second hand kit until you work out what works best is a good idea as new kit can be pricey to play with. If I could be accurate and throw it for ten games with out issue, 16lb would be my option. The carry I see some of my local bowlers get from the 16lb stuff is seriously wicked.

Hi Cameron welcome to the world of frustration and fun.
I see your in Melbourne, If I was you I would checking out Micael at Ballisticrevs.com.au for equipment. He is honest and will give only the best advice very fair prices on all items.
But enjoy your bowling you will meet some very good people.

Hey there Magpi17

Its a fun game to play this Ten Pin Bowling and im enjoying every second of it : )
I have been in contact With Michael from Ballistic Revs and you are right im glad i found his website its pretty cool to see so much to look at on his website and its easy to navigate through the different items on his webpage Well Done Michael on your website by the way : )

And yes there are heaps of people to meet and get to know i have made a fair amount of friends allrdy so thats a bonus and yes i will continue to enjoy this new Hobby / Sport that i have got into.

Cheers From Cambo

Hey there everyone

I have been thinking about a few things even though im still very green to the game of ten pin bowling one thing i learned from motorsport is to try different things like change the gearing so as far as i know trying different weights and trying straight balls as well as balls that hook should give me an idea of what i want in a bowling ball to suit my style and how slow or how fast i bowl a ball down the lane thats the same as trying different tyre pressures and how wide or how narrow i want the front and back wheel width and also the lenth of the exaust from the exaust port to the muffler tip i hope this makes sense to some of u and people are saying that i should stick to one type of Ball to use i can see some truth to what their saying but nothing ventured nothing gained is how i feel.

So im starting to think i should just keep to myself and try stuff without having to ask anyone or get told whats right and wrong as there are people that go by there gut feeling on what they want to do are u with me?

i do know that i need some serious coaching from some of the people with many many years of experience behind them but sometimes need to learn the odd thing on my own.

well i will be getting some coaching very soon and see how things go from there but like i said nothing ventured nothing gained.

hope some of u can without confusing me give me help that will be benificial not putting me off wanting to keep doing ten pin bowling as i really wanna give this sport a go i need positive guidence not negitive guidence.

Cheers From Cambo

Back
Top Bottom