How to Find your PAP

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
Hi Folks,
Here's a question that gets asked a bit, so I thought I would draw it up for people's reference in future.
Cheers,
Jason

Attachments

• Find_Your_PAP.pdf
    163.9 KB · Views: 747
Jason,
Why do I need to know this?
Well a better question will this help me in finding a ball suited to my bowling action? Currently I am a Full Roller but I bowl at an average of 32kms+ most nights.

Cheers for any help

Sampson

Hi Jason,

You may not need to know it. It's a piece of information that is vital to drillers wishing to accurately lay out equipment (which is essential for some drill patterns) and players who really want to learn the mechanics of bowling ball reaction. Do a Google search on "rotational physics" for more.

And no, it won't help you select a bowling ball. (Sorry.) A good pro shop will however, so I recommend finding one that services your neck of the woods. Get several opinions on this.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason,

Thank you!

I have gotten myself a Brunswick Commander X wrist positioner.
It has helped but I have found the if I place the ball at my waist and shorten my approach that my ball speed has dropped 10 or kms per hour. Usually I bowl at an average of 34 to 36 kms but with a shorter approach and the wrist positioner its down to 24 to 28kms.

The positioner has changed my bowling style from a Full Roller to a semi roller.

Thanks again!!!

Sampsom1791

May 2007 Average 159.

Hi

I understand how to find the PAP VAL etc from Jason's post which was nice & clear. I have been looking at the asymmetrical drilling instructions for the 900Global balls, in particular the Break S75. Can anyone please explain the spin spot (the 900 mark) to me? From the drilling instructions the further the distance from the PAP to the spin spot the more suited the layout is to drier conditions. Ive never heard it referred to before do I just dont know what the spin spot represents.

Thankyou

Peter

Back
Top Bottom