Holt Tuesday

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
Got to the bowl early today to see if we could use a ball spinner to sand a couple of balls back, but no dice unless you work in an AMF Centre.... it's a workplace health and safety issue apparently. Did them by hand .. then used them for all of three shots before ditching them for some other balls. It's been a long frustrating day, but the other teams all seem to be struggling too ... I have had to take a lot of pace off my shots just to get some back-end. I think the pattern is ridiculous... we aren't international bowlers, and it's no fun shooting 120 games (or lower for some). It will be painfully low scoring, a real mental test. Lucky we have a team of mentals. We just finished a short , hour and a half meeting before the start of play tomorrow.
Quote of the day was when someone innocently said "Thats the worst rack I have ever seen" and one of the lady bowlers turned around to inquire if i was talking to her. Woops .. gave it away. Anyway .. we have ACT, SA and WA first up tmorrow. The SA guys impressed. So did the NT guys ... I think it's going to be a very close competition. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom