help with release

terry penguin

terry penguin
hi everybody! can someone tell me where does the thumb come out of the ball, is it from the back leg or front leg or in front of the front leg, cause i want to get the maximum revs on the ball

Hi,

it's my understanding that you stay behind the ball till you get too the front leg where it all happens, thumb comes out then fingers along with the turn and lift. Go to www.bowl4fun.com got some good articles on how to release the ball. Also there was a good post in the forum at www.trackbowling.com about maximum revs where it is dictated by the time the thumb comes out in relation to the fingers.

hope this helps

da_cowman said:
Actually, for maximum revs, you might not want to even put your thumb IN the ball!!
Later Da Cowman!

lol, correct. But I think it would be hard to control, if you are used to putting your thumb in the ball. I never used to turn the ball a long way, untill I started Kung Fu, and learnt the one inch punch, it actually made myself hit the ball harder, because the release is simmilar to the move.

Hammer said:
I never used to turn the ball a long way, untill I started Kung Fu, and learnt the one inch punch, it actually made myself hit the ball harder, because the release is simmilar to the move.

lol omgwtf?

Hammer said:
lol, correct. But I think it would be hard to control, if you are used to putting your thumb in the ball. I never used to turn the ball a long way, untill I started Kung Fu, and learnt the one inch punch, it actually made myself hit the ball harder, because the release is simmilar to the move.
LOL :D Wax on... Wax off...

Try to bowl and not release the ball!!! if you have a good swing you will not be able to keep hold of the ball and you will find a lot of hook!!!
Cheers and many strikes!!

hi gang
best thing i was shown at a clinic with gail torrens was to think u where cutting through canvas with those big scissors sounds funny but try it at the point of release it makes u cock and uncock ur wrist which generates rotation on the ball more revs without trying ''''
good luck keep em in the zone
stoooooy

I've revolved the odd shot or two...
Try this.
  • Focus on projecting the shot forward.
  • Your thumb starts coming out (by pointing the thumbnail to the back of the thumbhole) under your hip.
  • Your swing flattens as you reach the bottom (circle geometry - draw it now).
  • As you rotate your hand, the forward projection causes you to catch the finger holes at bottom of the swing as you resist gravity.
  • In this flat spot (the longer the better) from your hip to your release point, the ball is rotated and projected forward onto the lane.
  • Finish the release with your palm facing in an upward to upward/inward direction
If you have done these things, you'll start to carry corner pins with your new additional revs.

Back
Top Bottom