Help with PAP / New Drillings

Toon

OWN IT!
Run into a slight problem.

My only 2 balls I kept before I stopped bowling for a while have been lost in transit. I have ordered a whole new arsenal which arrives tomorrow.

New ball driller has my old specs from previous driller but no PAP was recorded.

Is there any way to fix this, other than drilling one ball and figuring it out from there?

I think you've answered your own question there Toon. If you don't know your PAP, you'll have to throw a ball & find out....

If you can remember where the Pin and CG/MB was on a previous ball, and liked the wall it rolled, visually lay one out like that, and take PAP measurements from that...

HOWEVER... make sure that ball isn't a strong assymetric weightblock, as that can/will change your PAP... I have noticed about 3/4" difference with some weightblocks. If one of the balls has a weaker block, I would suggest that to drill first.

Yeah I was thinking that too Androo, I have a full bag coming in, may get the weaker ball (Track 300T) and get it from that.

Cheers guys!

Hey Toon,

I went through a similar thing when I started bowling again. I started with a Scout for that reason.

Maybe you could pick up a real cheap second hand ball rather than drilling a fresh one. Chuck a few games a get a base line PAP. Are you going to buy a spare ball? That would be the first to drill up to get the first track ring for PAP measurements.

Fun either way.

im assuming u are getting a plastic drill the plastic first. because thats is going to give u the most correct readin on ur pap because their is no out their weightblock to minipulate the pap. plus u don't need any special drilling on a plastic then use that pap reading on ur new gear easy fix.