Help getting back in the game

U

uncle_jim

Hi all, first post for a recent immigrant. I've just recently moved to Melbourne from NZ, and now that I'm out of university and gainfully employed, I'm wanting to get back to playing.

I haven't played seriously since 1997 (!), although I did give league play a go for a couple of months in 2001. I no longer have my equipment (was using a Columbia Aftershock as my main ball). I last averaged 170-180 in league, and 190 in my last tournament. I am used to wood lanes, although I was bowling on synthetics in 2001. I'm living literally behind Chadstone, so there's my local.

Basically I'm completely unaware of what the go is in the bowling world nowadays, and want to get competitive again. I don't know who the good coaches are in the area, I need to relearn the fundamentals again (while the muscles haven't forgotten, my aim's way off!), and I really need to learn how to cope with variable lane conditions, as everywhere I've lived there's only been one centre.

Can anyone help a lost man along his way?

Many thanks.

I'm living literally behind Chadstone, so there's my local.

you up for glasses carmers ???? :p

Hmmm, thanks for that. His is a name that seems to keep popping up. I'll do that in the new year. Any idea how difficult it will be to get a session?

Back
Top Bottom