GOOD music

Brett Hall said:
Luke D said:
Any classical music thats a bit out of the ordinary - especially the old gothic/haunting types or "fight scene" type classical (hopefully someone knows what I mean :p)

You mean sorta like the fight scene at the end of Star Wars: Episode 1?

Can't remember what that music was like...

More so the fight scene music in the really dark and gothic films.. hard to think of some examples at the moment :(

heh, go to any decent club, and what kind of music would you rather have dancing, some of them useless poppy rock stuff the charts are filled with, some tired rnb/rap/hip-hop or some really decent music that its easy to dance too, you just have to jump around in time with the music, how much better can it get :D

what about good country music it relaxes the mind to bowl a good game. why not try playing different music at centres while bowling and study its effects on bowling ? or would that be to hard for someone to do.Now theres a challenge .

Here goes:

in rough chronological order..

the beatles
steppenwolf
the byrds

james taylor
kiss
led zeppelin
pink floyd
the smiths
icehouse (except when they perform live..Iva Davies sux live)
big country
ride
teenage fan club
simple minds
u2 (up to the mid 90's only)
phil collins
lloyd cole and the commotions

sting
oasis
pete murray
bruce hornsby

and for jazz/improvisational music : pat metheny and NHOP

Havent seen any good music yet, so....

Fates Warning (long live the lords of prog metal!)....Dream Theatre....Blind Guardian....In Flames....Dark Tranquility...Iced Earth

not much else in their class really

donkey said:
techno is crap. i would not classify it as music
rave, house, party, techno all the same

agree

death and heavy metal is just people screaming into a mircophone... i could do that.

bye bye

Metal is about the sheer complexity of the music and the arrangements that have to be put in place....as far as skill goes, its the most demanding stuff around

and you couldnt do that.

Ok. For a start everyone has different tastes on music, everyone is going to say that is sh*t, crap, etc......... Some people just don’t like music full stop.

For me I like a range of music from: - Rap/R&B
- Dance i.e. house, techno etc.
- Rock old and new
- Pop

It all depends what mood I am in

That’s just my veiw

Ash

Well it sounds like I have to be the "strange" one and say that I can quite easily go from listening to bands like Slipknot & Pantera to other bands like George & Weddings, Parties, Anything.... (They sung the old theme song "Mondays Experts" for Talking Footy in Melbourne) :?

Although I prefer to listen to bands like Slipknot, Pantera, Limp Bizkit (especially now Wes Borland is back with the band) & Linkin Park, I personally find that if you put something on that is a little bit slower and more mellower, It can change you whole attitude in an instant (I think the quote is " :evil: Music calms the savage beast :twisted: ")

I listen mostly only to alot of older stuff nowdays...

To start with, nobody can compare to Bryan Adams.
Phil Collins is great.
Sister Hazel is great
Creed and Alter Bridge also great
Disturbed, Saliva and Evanescence are also great.

Thats about all I listen to I think...
Oh yeh, I almost forgot Aerosmith, they are also very great... :lol:

30 seconds to mars
36 crazyfists
alice cooper
antiskeptic
at the drive-in
behind crimson eyes
the blood brothers
bon jovi
bone thugs n harmony
the bronx
the butterfly effect
cave in
chimaira
cog
collective soul
disturbed
faith no more
fear factory
filter
garbage
hatebreed
(hed) planet earth
ill nino
in flames
inside out
isis
live
machine head
mindless self indulgence
muse
my chemical romance
new found glory
nirvana
nothingface
the offspring
pantera
poison
queens of the stone age
rage against the machine
refused
reggie and the full effect
regurgitator
saliva
sepultura
sevendust
shadows fall
slipknot
soul asylum
sparta
sum 41
system of a down
warrant
zack de la rocha (heh ex rage frontman)
zed

well thats everything thats on my computer atm.... im sure theres many, many more!

much love for music!!

(alternatively, u can look here: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/wendz/ <-- this is my music playing habits for those who dont know, its awesome! as is my music!)

Back
Top Bottom