Eye sighting problem

Street Racer

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section
I went training today, I was about to step off to bowl and i looked down near the dots near the foul lane, and then looked back up, and it looked like the middle dot was on the 18th board at the arrows, thank god my coach was there, she said it was called dominant eye or something like that, which makes sence to me, it only started today, so is there anything i can do, to stop it, or am i going to have to try to block it out?
anything help would be greatful

Thanks in advance
Brett

I get the same thing... I stand on 30... yet somehow I think that to walk straight I am walking to the dot on 25.

Eye dominance is the tendency to prefer visual input from one eye than to the other eye. It is analogous to the laterality of right or left handedness.
However, the sight of the dominant eye and the dominant hand do not always match. For most people one eye is much more dominant in seeing alignments than the other. The dominant eye is the eye that looks directly at an object. The non-dominant eye is the eye that looks at the same object at a slight angle therefore providing depth perception. Being right or left handed will not necessarily determine if you are right eye or left eye dominant. In normal binocular vision there is an effect of parallax and therefore the dominant eye is the one that is primarily relied on for precise positional information. This may be especially important in sports which require aim. To aim and sight well, it helps to locate your dominant eye over or in line with your target. Opening up the shoulders at stance, dropping the ball delivering shoulder and letting the head “bobble” about during the approach to the foul line may very well cause ever changing depth perception and hence allow the ball to be either pulled left of your target or pushed right of your target.

G'Day,

The simplest answer may be to adjust your sight to the right or left of what you wish to hit until you find consistency. Lots of players do this (knowingly or not).

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom