Ex-Rectal Statistics that Sound Factual

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
OK, here's a place to post what you've always suspected about life's little idiosyncrasies as if you knew what you were talking about. A bit like playing Balderdash.

2.34 Hrs - The average total time lost looking for the marking pen, tape or knife while packing boxes to move house. (Found another pen, back to packing!)

99.95% of forum members decided to not reply to this thread. :)
97.3% of all bowlers bowl fewer practice games per month than the number of balls they own.

"Yeah, you just do it with weights, don't you, Brenton..? Don't you..?" Then as the awkward look comes across your face, the desperate look comes into their eyes. "Can't you sand it or something..?" My standard reply these days is "Meet me half way. Touch the holes at the bottom of the swing, will you?"

My wife and I always joke about how we're weird and once again in the tiny minority when statistics are shown on the news. But Rob has shown one that I fit into! I don't think I could bowl as many games as the number of bowling balls I own!

22.5% - The average percentage that the bevel knife or yellow wax pencil is where you thought it was. This number decreases in direct inverse proportion to current customer numbers actually in the shop.

Hmmm... I'm on a work computer. I'm not going to search that term...

That's significantly less in both frequency and duration to the number of times I've listened to you complaining about it, Cow! :) But I think I'll resurrect it whenever I'm in your presence from now on.

Jason, you uncultured yob...

Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Brian Fantana: Yep.
Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Anchorman.

I feel so enlightened now! (Haven't seen it, but Ron Burgundy and Brian Fantana sound like they have big, bushy mo's!)

Just moved house, bowled a tournament with no practice, worked 4 x 15 hour days in a row (inc driving to and from Canberra) and had a tumble running full tilt for the bus two days ago... (Minimal skin loss - Good thing I was wearing Winter clothes and learned how to fall over properly as a kid!)

87.2% - The fraction of muscles in my body that currently ache! o_O

33.3% - The percentage of boards you have at the breakpoint to hit the pocket on a house pattern.

Scarily enough, this ends up at 13... which, really, isn't that far from the truth sometimes...

Cheers, Cow

12½ minutes - The average time between signing an "Authority to Leave Freight" letter before heading out, and the courier turning up at your doorstep to drop the box off before you get distracted and make it out the door.

Oh well, my washing is hung out and my freight is indoors! (A good result all round!)

33.3% - The percentage of boards you have at the breakpoint to hit the pocket on a house pattern.

Scarily enough, this ends up at 13... which, really, isn't that far from the truth sometimes...

Cheers, Cow
I've reflected lately that a typical 10 board blocked lane, sorry house shot. No, not sorry; blocked lane has half each side dedicated to missing outwards with the other half dedicated to missing inwards. Because the drop off in oil concentration is so severe, it's subject to the greatest change, therefore actually hitting the blend may well be among the most dangerous of strategies, (hence accuracy is so rarely implemented!) :)

The last time I had a practice game was when they were free if you bought a new bowling ball. This included a very informative coaching lesson by champions of the day, such as, George Scranton and Tony Favell. This lesson was free also.

The last time I had a practice game was when they were free if you bought a new bowling ball. This included a very informative coaching lesson by champions of the day, such as, George Scranton and Tony Favell. This lesson was free also.
Back when there was sufficient margin in a ball to pay for a game!

62.5% - The number of times I make up statistics to make a point.
98% - the number of times I don't have a real point to make.

I have a lot of margin in my ball - I can see it every time it misses the headpin!

Yeah... I watched mine sail right past the headpin a few weeks ago and considered all that practice I'm not doing.

I'll let someone else fill in the details...

Back
Top Bottom