Event 6: Bowland Salisbury

emmtee83

The sixth stop on this years SA tour will be held at Salisbury on the 27th September. A copy of the entry form is attached. Check in will be 9:30am for a 10am start.

Squad list:

Michael Tran

Please feel free to add your name!

See ya there.

Salisbury1.JPG

Salisbury2.JPG

Don't get him started on that Bill, he knows...........

Maybe next year it could be better organised, to get more entries.......

Shame it's being held while we are away with ATBSO Nationals in Canberra

Why is it that I hear about 'clash' when there is one......but in the 5 events previous to this one (when there isn't a clash), why haven't I seen the support in entries? I don't whinge on this forum when the Seniors don't come to events that don't clash.....and yes Tony, we have been here before, but like last said, you make a choice and go with it.

As soon as the calendar is released for ATBSO, I would love to have a copy.....I will plan the next year's events around the ATBSO and I suppose I'll see how many seniors will come out to play. As for national events, I can't do much about that.

Thank you to those that have put their names forward.....and if you would like to help me organise these tournaments or have any great constructive ideas, I'm also open to those.

NB> as Damien said, good luck at Nationals...

Not even going there Michael, it's up to you if you want the entries or not, even more linage for the centres......but that another story.

Not sure what you meant regarding the last 5 tournaments....(when there isn't a clash).......that's funny your tournament in july clashed with the SA seniors classic and the junior circuit ?????

It's alright Michael, who ever wants to bowl yours will and that's that!

TS

Not sure what you meant regarding the last 5 tournaments....(when there isn't a clash)

I said exactly what I meant. When there wasn't a clash in the last 5 events, I didn't get the support of the bowlers, whether they be seniors, youth, elite.....some of these that are complaining about not having anything to bowl in. As for the July clash. I don't think I've ever had a junior bowler bowl in the BBASA series, please correct me if I'm wrong. Conor Quail may be the only one. As for the Seniors, Brenton Davy and your good self Tony may be the only seniors that turn out.

It's a little disappointing really....

hmmm tony

a manager of a bowl told you once we will change the date of a tournament the next year it was held to acomadate the seniors and correct me if i am wrong you picked the date

and there was no support from the seniors the tourni was never run agian due to lack of support .

ok tony

22 november cross road this event dose not clash how many seniors will we see

maybe just you ? or brenton

So where did I say anything re the seniors turning up to these tournaments........I don't give a rats if they do or not.....IT"S ABOUT ME !!!!!!!
I would support this more if it didn't clash with other tournaments I have to bowl in, cause as you know we have to bowl in so many tournaments to be eligible to bowl state teams for seniors.

And one other point I will make is when I was TD for ATBA which you might remember for over a decade, I made sure to tournaments on dates that didn't clash to give ANY-ONE a chance to bowl in or not.
If you get one or two more bowlers extra, it's a bonus !!
But that's my way of thought as we ran or tried to run a competitive organisation such as ATBA or SACBA to those that can remember!!. And ran it with as professional as possible.

Tony

so tony

yes those days where great

dose this mean you are putting your hand up to help mike

next year in person. ?

Why should I these days Simo, don't you think I did my time!

All I want to do is bowl, it shouldn't be that hard for Mike, after all he hasn't got the numbers like I use to deal with in the past, what 124 bowlers for barossa, 186 bowlers for sacup and so on.

And yes those days were great,

Tony

after all he hasn't got the numbers like I use to deal with in the past, what 124 bowlers for barossa, 186 bowlers for sacup and so on

Tony, this is exactly why it is so hard for me.

Not only did you have the prize fund come to you (more entries, bigger prize fund thus drawing more numbers, no need for sponsorship), you also didn't have to contend with the mass of tournaments on the calendar like there is these days.

I know we always talking about that dreaded 'C' word, but on the modern calendar, I don't think it's possible to NOT have this occur at least once and have at least one person affected.

Anyway, bring on more entrants please!! Only a week to go....

you also didn't have to contend with the mass of tournaments on the calendar like there is these days.

No your right Michael, we had more tournaments back then than these days by a long shot!!! And they were bigger tournaments over more days........Rachuig over 3 weekend, 3 day SACUPs, 16 game Qualifying , longer matchplay. 12 ATBA monthly tournaments, plus alot more around the country especially with the VIC ATBA going strong as well which quite a few of us travelled to. If you were around in the eighties you would have seen this.
But we also had a committee to help out because of the numbers.

At least you had free weekends to slot your events in, and they had even been suggested, but you had no intention of moving them.

blah blah blahhhhhhh;

sick of seeing this crap before/after every one of michaels tournaments; without him we wouldnt have this circuit at all!

maybe just dont run it next year mike, then there will be no clashes for everyone to have a winge and cry about!

Back
Top Bottom