Event 4: Elizabeth Bowland

emmtee83

Hi everyone.

The 4th stop on this year's tour is going to be held at Elizabeth Bowland on 26th July 2009. Again, it will be a 9:30am check-in for 10am start. As usual, it will be a six game qualifying with 3rd, 4th and 5th rolling off in stage 1 of finals, winner vs. 2nd in stage 2 and winner vs. 1st, with 1st having advantage of repechage.

Please list here if you will be in attendance. I will start...

Michael Tran
Steve Doecke

Thanks to all who continue to support these events, you will ensure its success in future years.

Well thanks again to another clash with tournaments I cannot make it.

What was on next weekend anything?

I still cant understand why these clashes happen!!

cheers

tony

tony is this post a copy and past thing with you for every event ?

getting boring

mike can you please add graham simpson

Not really Simo, just curious why tournament have to clash locally.

I would have thought one who organise tournaments would like to see as many entries as possible.

I would have bowled and I'm sure Brenton davy would have bowled and maybe some others who are also bowling in the S.A. Seniors classic.

Sorry mate, I still live in the past.....ATBA (TD)..............:) :)

Have a nice one!

cheers

Tony

but tony do change events for maybe an extra 2 maybe 3 or 4 entries no

have you thought of gathering a list of seniors that would bowl if it did not clash

i am sure if it was 10 or more and you aproached the powers that be you maybe get a better result

You don't have to change anything, it should have been decided at the beginniging of the year. You know whenATBA was around , we use to meet with everyone to set the calendar for that year to avoid clashes and most of the time it worked.

I noticed last time they changed the state masters to accomodate the sport series, which I'm sure at such short notice would have upset a few people as well.

What's on this week-end ????? nothing as far as I know, why didn't we have it then.???

All I saying is why not try and accomodate everyone...........

cheers

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
well i cant... the JYC is been held on the same day..

This clash, unfortunately, was unavoidable.

Hopefully JYC and BBA SA Scratch can come to some sort of agreement next year.
www.bowlingballsaustralia.com.au
www.visionarybowling.com - Visionary. It's just like cheating.

refering to a old post from mike i could be wrong here but

i do belive he tried to come to an arangement but others would not be apart of it

thats why his calender came out late in the end he just put it out other wise it would not have come together

i take my hate to him he is doing a great job for sa bowling

its a pitty other poeple dont see it this way

and then yes we could have the old days back

cheers simo

ok, so the youth circut is on the 26th, the senior classic is on the 26th...........that covers a few bowlers?

No ones disputing Michaels job..............

A month ago the calendar could have been looked at and said, crap there are tourneys on the 26th, I'll move it to the 19th when there may not be much on. Mmmm

Cheers

Tony

Guys, what's done as far as this year's calendar is concerned, is done. I tried in vain to organise non clashing events but even as a past TD Tony, I'm not sure even you understand how tough it really is, in light of the volume of tournaments these days.

I expect this tournament to be a little low in numbers, but I think the followers will surprise me.

I can only hope next year (and early next year, might I add) TBA SA, myself and perhaps Tony (represent the seniors) can sit down and work the 2010 calendar? Maybe we can put this whole "CLASH" thing to bed, once and for all.

I'm sorry there is a clash, but like the others, you need to make a decision as to which one you will bowl in. Whatever that choice is, I respect it and take no offense by your absence.

On the other hand, keep the names coming guys and girls!

What do you mean early next year??? That is way too late. Next years calendar should be being discussed with the powers that be now. At least that way when next year comes, the calendar is finalised and everyone knows what is going on.

Anyway, I should be able to scrap up enough cash for his one not to mention it not clashing (no pun intended) with anything else for me that weekend.

You can count me in.

THANKS

DAVID

Guys, what's done as far as this year's calendar is concerned, is done. I tried in vain to organise non clashing events but even as a past TD Tony, I'm not sure even you understand how tough it really is, in light of the volume of tournaments these days.

Michael,

Even this year it would have been just the fact the month before even to see if the next month's tournament is clashing, and then maybe try to rectify. As is some of us won't be bowling in this one and probably the tournament in sept 27th as Brenton and myself will still be in Canberra.

You are doing what you can I'm sure and doing it sort of O.K. for your little social tourneys, you have no idea the volume of tournaments and bowlers we had in the 80's...90's compared to now was 10 times for of a problem than what you have today, because most of the tournaments and bowlers have dissappeared.

Berri tourney looks clear at this stage so hopefully will get there.

cheers

Tony

Gidday to all

The pattern that will be used for this event will be a slightly modified Elizabeth House condition. If you are familiar with Elizabeth at all, the house shot is genuinely difficult enough already.

The pattern will be as follows:
Forward program oil from 0-7 board 12 feet, track area 30 feet, centre of the lane will have 38 feet of oil, all buffed to 40 feet.
Reverse will have no addition of buff from 0-7 board, buffed 8 feet in the track area and 25 feet in the centre of the lane, to a max of 25 feet.

Standard oil output is 15ml per lane, but will be increased to 18ml approx on the day.

Hope this info helps.

Keep the names coming, see you all next Sunday.

hi micheal

can we have an up date please as its on this sunday

i can only count about 7 entries so far

i dont wont to drive down on a sunday morning from kapunda to find out there is only a hand full of people in for this event . or that its not going a head just so i have to turn around and drive back again

thanks simo

Sorry guys, not going to be able to make it to this one. Was hoping for a last minute reprieve, but it's not going to happen. Good luck on the day :)

Back
Top Bottom