Event 3 - Gambier City Bowl

emmtee83

Hi folks

Sorry this entry form has taken so long to come out....for those who were at the last event, you knew this was coming. As for everyone else, GET ON BOARD!!!

The next event for the BBASA Scratch Series will be held in Mt Gambier at the Gambier City Bowl on 20th June 2010. Check-in will be for 9:30am. For those who are attending, I am organising a deal with a local caravan park with David Wyborn for some cheap accommodation (keep your eyes peeled on this thread for more info.)

Make a weekend of it guys, this is one of two chances to get away and leave Adelaide behind for a bit.....the prize fund should be substantially better, made possible by the unbelievable game rates we have been successful in getting....

I'll get us started!

SQUAD LIST:

Michael Tran

See you all there!

View attachment scratch flyer 20th June Gambier City.pdf

Could you please add
Nick Lamb
Peter Whitmore
David Wyborn
Chris Walters
Russell Patterson

Dave.

Sensational Dave!

Thanks for that.....as for the other chit-chat, please keep that to a minimum. Any sarcastic comments should be taken up with the centre manager. I am just trying to run a successful tenpin bowling circuit....

SQUAD LIST:

Michael Tran
Nick Lamb
Peter Whitmore
David Wyborn
Chris Walters
Russell Patterson

Keep the names coming guys! Make a weekend of it!

Just a question Michael, no need to worry.

Not worried mate.

If your comments contribute to more entries, feel free to chat as much as you like.....however if your comments draw unnecessary criticism to the centre or its proprietors, risking entries to this tournament....I would appreciate it if these comments were kept out of this thread.

Thanks

Following is a revised prize fund.....seeing as how management has been kind enough to support this series by giving us unbeatable game rates!

1ST: $678
2ND: $461
3RD: $316
4TH: $226
5TH: $136
6TH: $113
7TH: $113
8TH: $90
9TH: $90
10TH: $90
HIGH GAME FOR A NON-CASHING PERSON: $50
LUCKY DOOR PRIZE: paid entry into the next event, up to $100

Squad list:

Michael Tran
Nick Lamb
Peter Whitmore
David Wyborn
Chris Walters
Russell Patterson
Richard Kenny

For those looking for cheap accommodation, please call KALGANYI HOLIDAY PARK. All you have to do is mention you will be bowling at Gambier City Bowl this weekend and you will receive 10% OFF the cost of your stay. Their number is (08) 87230220.

Keep the names coming.......please!

I can personally tell you head down to Mt Gambier, if i was heading there this year id be taking a couple of balls. And anyone who hasnt been there for a few yrs check out the renovations

As Adrian commented, it was only a question, perhaps with a tongue in cheek reply however it was not meant in anyway to deter anyone from bowling in this tournament.
As many of you may or may not know it has been a long time coming since the Gambier city bowl has recieved any major upgrades and David has done a fantastic job in the short time he has been there.
It has been from a league bowlers perspective where i personally and a few of the other bowlers down here are just looking forward to the day when the new synthetic lanes and oiler hit the town, and thats nothing against whats in place now and the work thats been done to get good conditions, its just the fact were hanging out!!!!!
Understandably David has had to spend alot of money on just getting the aesthetics of the place looking like a bowling alley and not a derelict looking dump. A lot of cosmetic work has taken place and it looks unreal and along with the new scoring and bumpers the place is looking great, not to mention that ya can actually get a decent meal there now!!!!!!!
Besides all of that David is very passionate when it comes to bowling and trying his backside off to get things rolling tournament wise, always got an idea!!!!! so to get the BBA scratch series on board to hold a tournament down here is fantastic both from his perspective and also from a bowlers perspective!!!
So come on you Adelaide boys come on down for a challenge so the country boys can give you a run for your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Ps Mike put me down Tony Koop

can you please put Carlos Quaremba and Troy Gaylard. I'm trying to round up more troops Michael. Hope we have a good turn out

As Koopy has said, David has done an awesome job with improvements and is working his butt off to get more things done... Once he gets done, our centre will be a great asset for South Australian bowling!! We seriously can't wait fur lanes as Koopy mentioned, but crawl, walk, run and David is doing everything in his power to get running!!

So as mentioned previously, get behind this event and make this worth all the effort that has been put in...

would really love to go up for it (been my birthday weekend) but... atm cant get up there or back.. so prob wont be able to make it..

would love to go up there and see the work david has done!

hope all goes all!

Hi guys.....

To add to the fun and festivities for this coming weekend, in conjunction with Gambier City Bowl we have organised a SKINS NIGHT, starting from 9:30pm on Saturday night. Will cost bowlers $50 for 4 games.

Based on 10 bowlers, the skins will be: High game $60, Second $30, Third $10.
The last game will be worth: $96, $48 and $16 respectively.

The more bowlers, the bigger the skins!

Updated squad list:

Michael Tran
Nick Lamb
Peter Whitmore
David Wyborn
Chris Walters
Russell Patterson
Richard Kenny
Carlos Quaremba
Troy Gaylard
Tony Koop

Thanks guys, keep them coming!

It would be nice to see some more names on the list and to get a few more Adelaide/northward dwelling 'stars' down here fur the weekend to show us 'country folk' their awesome skills...

Come on guys, surely 2 or 3 in car fur a trip down would be on the cards!!! All I can hear is, Woooo-Hoooo Road Trip!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom