Dual angle layouts?

BigDaz

Got a query here for the knowledable ones.

I have a ball. Its a Track Kinetic Pearl. So i measured it up and the DA layout is 8° X 4 2/8 X 18°.

From what i have learned, smaller angles mean the ball will rev faster and roll earlier and heavier.

This ball has a very strange action and still havnt found a surface i like on it, and now i think i realise why no surface was better than another. The ball doesnt move much at all.

I bought the ball 2nd hand and my driller only moved my thumb hole and left the fingers where they were.

I bowl on wood lanes with it, and have medium speed and medium revs.

So I'm guessing with those measurements, the pin is way up high with the MB (or CG) kicked way out?

I could never get a decent reaction with the pin anything less than 30*. Anything less than that, My favorite drilling was 45* x 5-5.5 x 45*. With my funky ball track, that would get the pin just above my middle finger and the MB in a strong position. PAP is 4.5 over and 1.5 up last time I checked.

So I'm guessing with those measurements, the pin is way up high with the MB (or CG) kicked way out?

I could never get a decent reaction with the pin anything less than 30*. Anything less than that, My favorite drilling was 45* x 5-5.5 x 45*. With my funky ball track, that would get the pin just above my middle finger and the MB in a strong position. PAP is 4.5 over and 1.5 up last time I checked.

bingo. pin is about 1 3/4 inch about ring finger. MB is pretty much on the VAL and half an inch up.

Hi Daz,

Tried something similar a few months back and for me I found it to be horrible. My ball does not rev anywhere near enough to make it work.

Hey Daz,

First of all the drilling angle should be between 10* and 90* and the angle to VAL between 20* and 70*, so for your PAP these angles on your ball are to small (drilling angle - *8 and VAL - 18*). It is no wonder you are having trouble with this particular layout, layout such as this should only be used for bowlers with a high axis tilt and considerable ball speed otherwise the ball is transitioning far to early in the midlane and leaving nothing for you once it reaches the break point.

As with what Androooo said in having anything less then 30*, a better drilling angle between say 35* and 65* would suit a majority of bowlers.

Cheers Ash

like i said i bought it 2nd hand and only the thumb was moves, i have no idea how the previous bowled, just thought is was a very strange setup. I measured up some of my other gear too, all the angles seem to be between 25-40.

Just to note i didnt drill any of my gear, just measured it up after learning a bit about Dual angle drilling.

might get the ball plugged and try a different layout, the ball is old so probably wont perform very well anyway.

Hmmm..... Good advice all round here. This ball should be smoothed up and kept for screaming backends, methinks. Probably be quite good on a short pattern or dry-ish wood lane to play off the edge with. When the ball won't react, use it on lanes that react too much.

Back
Top Bottom