Dry Lanes

The dryest lanes i have ever bowled on were in Ballarat. With my plastic 12lb i was going from gutter to gutter and being lucky as to bet a brooklyn! :rolleyes:

Ever been to Mt Druitt they have been really bad lately always end up using the plastic after about 5 frames and then all day plastic and end the day with plastic taking off to the 4 pin and 7 pin isnt fun when u are already stanind next to the ball return to hit pocket.

That is what i call dry
:confused: to confusing sometimes

norwa would have to be the dryest and crapest lanes ive bowled on and i bowl at belco i rate quenby higher than norwa

I know its been mentioned before but i have to say it again! i havent bowled at alot of different centres but the one place that i remember is ROCKHAMPTON it is so dry there and so hot especially when its 5 person teams and u have at least 1 reserve. i hope by January next yr there is airconditoning but i doubt it. it will be my fourth year going and i still bowl really bad on them.

From Chooken

jnrc said:
norwa would have to be the dryest and crapest lanes ive bowled on and i bowl at belco i rate quenby higher than norwa

Queanbeyan does have oil and a fair bit of it. Nowra was alright at roll offs it had oil ..... for the first game, but some of us bowlers managed to adjust and some still managed to hit 900 let alone 800 for the last 4 (no it is irrelevant that I was bowling over 30k/m spinning my dry lane ball up 15 :p)

the worst i have seen would be when i used to bowl at woden (we did not oil too often if no one was going to bowl).

WINDSOR BOWL have had the dryest lanes i have eva bowled on the first day i went back there from puttin synethic lanes down it wasnt to bad they just been oiled not alot but not enough i have been back a few times an i dunno bout anymore the oil on the lanes there is nothing there

Well from my experiences, for one day a year every year it would be AMF Capalaba. Last year I struggled there, and this year in the Capalaba Cup I was using my V2 Dry from game 1, throwing it as hard as I could from the left gutter, through 20, out to 5 at the break, and watching it go past pocket on many an occasion. And there were 11 more games to go. Yet I go there at other times, and do not have any issues there.

In Victoria, I can't go past Colac and Echuca. It was the holidays yes, but man were they dry.. not to mention Warnambool as it was then - I gather things have changed there this year.

I have never bowled in Rockhampton, so I cannot comment on it.

Dry lanes aren't impossible to bowl on, you've just gotta change ur style to bowl how the lane needs to be bowled, Parra this afternoon was *really* dry... haven't been oiled for 2 days along with the hot weather... so out comes the plastic and shoot a straight line concentrating on forward revs and ball placement!
R

well every 1 should come to darwin!!!!!
oh n just bring your plastic
n may be your dry oil ball but u probly want use it!!!
happy bowling!! :cool:

any one bowled at newcastle superstrike???? now thats dry. in the school holidays there is NO oil its actually fun in a way to pull out the reactive and bowling corner to corner and to still hit the pocket

As earlier mentioned i don't think that anything could beat Rockhampton..... Being up there in 35 plus degrees and in a tin roof bowling alley with little to no air conditioning...... Was up there as a manager this year and felt so sorry for the beginners who had to bowl that had no previous experience on no oil.... But it is a great leanring curve..

Bowled on lanes over in New Zealand that were as dry as i've seen. Hooking their house balls gutter to gutter throwing at around 30 kmph.
Asked when they oil their lanes and they replied every Tuesday around 3pm!

Last night at northcote was pretty cool.

Blue green centaur, DEEP inside, lofting first 10ft @ at least 35kph with less hand, and I was struggling to keep right of pocket.

I would call that pretty scorched.....

I know a bowl thats pretty bad on the dry side.. At kempsey not only is it dry and no oil but they dont clean there lanes and ur ball no matter wat colour it is ends up covered it black grease and grime its terrible.

hey guys,
i would have to say shoalhaven, i bowl 2 leagues there on fresh oil and they are still dry and i had a bowl on them after christmas and they were not oiled for 4 days so i was askin for my money back..:( and what craigy said about roll offs he must have been drunk because i think he is really wrong about the lanes.

hammer69 said:
and what craigy said about roll offs he must have been drunk because i think he is really wrong about the lanes.

what was i wrong about, i have had about 10 ppl agree with me?

hammer69 said:
hey guys,
i would have to say shoalhaven, i bowl 2 leagues there on fresh oil and they are still dry and i had a bowl on them after christmas and they were not oiled for 4 days so i was askin for my money back..:( and what craigy said about roll offs he must have been drunk because i think he is really wrong about the lanes.

You'll learn one day, that Craigy knows everything, and he also believes his oppinion is always the correct one :p

Haha just playing Craigy...

Those lanes at roll-offs were so bad, even from a spectators view..

micky_macca said:
You'll learn one day, that Craigy knows everything, and he also believes his oppinion is always the correct one :p

Haha you have a very valid point there michael. :p

you said they had oil for the first game, thats where you were wrong.... my first ball i put down hit the 2pin dead on and that is my home centre :rolleyes: starting the 2nd game i was standing 39 board chucking 20 board with a roll out shot to the pocket so sorry if you miss read me :p

Back
Top Bottom