drifting

mr.pwhite

#thepaulwhiteshow
hey people
im having trouble walking straight on the approach.
I tend to drift about 6-10 boards and tend to miss my target because of it, does anyone know how i can fix or adjust to this problem of my game???

Old cure, fold a towel in half lengthways & in half again. Place it lengthways dow the the approach at the foul line approximately 2-3 boards left of the board your standing on (right if your a lefty).

You wont fall over cause you wont step on the towel, however, mentally your brain will tell u, theres a towel there if i stand on it I'll fall over. This worked for me (albeit a long time ago) and it does take some practice.

hope it helps

lol thanks guys but it would have helped me about a year ago when it was really effecting my game. the towel trick worked fine as i remember my friend telling me to do that when i did have that problem, since then drift no more. :]

Thread Hijack - Is having a large drift that much of a problem? If you can consistantly hit your mark and/or throw the line intended then what benifits are there to eliminate this "drift".

eg: Tore Torgensen (sp) drifts like 20 - 30 boards depending on the line he is playing.

For the high rev player drift is essential to get the hips (or hups for our Kiwi friend) out of the way. If you're a righty and a four step approach, your second step is somewhat to the left. It causes your hips to open up, i.e. left hip points down the lane, right hip points across the lane.

It all results in your shoulders being open at the lane and helps with projecting the ball out across the lane to the right.

Hope you can make sense of that.

Sumo

Old cure, fold a towel in half lengthways & in half again. Place it lengthways dow the the approach at the foul line approximately 2-3 boards left of the board your standing on (right if your a lefty).

Shouldn't the towel be to the right for a right hander

Back
Top Bottom