Don Kelly Memorial

Santa

Congratulations to all those who participated in this tournament on Sunday and in particular the winners, Michael Kearney and partner Jackie Betia, well done.

I think also a big thank you the Kelly Family to agreeing to this concept in memory of Don who was well known and much loved by all who knew him.

Thanks to Sue and the staff at Cannon Hill for a great day and a well run tourament and congratulations to Scott Fryer for coming up with this concept and seeing it through to fruition, well done Scott.

And of course where would we be without sponsors, so a big thank you out to all the sponsors for the tournament. I am sure that everyone enjoyed the day and don't think that I would be going 'out on a limb' to suggest that we would look forward to this event being on the annual calander.

Cheers

Santa

Thanks to everyone involved, I enjoyed the day immensely. It was a great day to honour a wonderful man, I hope there are plenty more to come. And a big thanks to the Kelly family for sharing the day with us all.

On behalf of Don's family, I would like to thank Scott Fryer and the staff of AMF Cannon Hill for staging such a wonderful tournament.

It was a friendly and competitive tournament, where bowlers of all ages and abilities were able to participate. Don would have been honoured that such an event was created in his name.

Thank you to all of the sponsors, without whom the tournament may not have been so successful.

Charlie & Heather Henry
AMF Cannon Hill
Oz Bowling Supplies
Barry Winn Earthmoving
Clean up with K & K
TotalBowling.com.au
Achievement Trophies

And Scott, in Don's words "ten points, mate!"

Pam

Ok sorry it has taken me a couple of days but with the new job it has made it hard. firstly to the sponsers

1. Charlie Henry
2. Oz Bowling Supplies
3. AMF Cannon Hill
4. Kellie at Total Bowling
5. Clean up With K&K
6. Barry Winn Earth Moving
7. Achivment Trophies
and if I have fogtten any body I am sorry

so to start the day off we had a great turn out for the first year of this tournament. I arrived at 7 am to help mum and shellie with all the work they had to do and without mum and shellie it would not have gone so well so thank you for an awsoem job.

Now the bowlers start showing up and I hera this voice say "hey scotty is ther still a spot available" i am thinking I know that voice i turn around and its Jase Pearson he has turned up to bowl with 2 broken ribs and that showed me that don was well respected by alot of people because not only did Jase bowl with broken ribs but my good friend Tiff Murphy from New South Wales bowled and Tiff thank you alot and as you were the only bowler that came up form down south i am sure it means alot to the Kelly Family cause it meant alot to me and it was good to see you again.

anyway back to the day it started of well in the third game Christian Keresztny and Mick Kearney had the first 9 strikes Christian got up to throw the 10th no good left the 1,2,4 spared it and struck for a 277 mick got up and stuck a 9 pin for a 279 i was there saying choke choke that comes back to bite me big time. In the 5 game I start with the font 9 get up to throw the 10th choke choke just rolled it of the hand no fingers for a 1,2,4 spare strike 277 holly molly iwas so nervous i dont no how i held the ball but thats life.

so the cut was named and greg Kelly made it in unfortunally Tim and Faye missed the cut. the step ladder was a different format and i like it so the winners of this years tournament was Mick Kearney and Jackie Betia congrats to you guys.

to Pam,Greg,Tim,Faye and Susan thank you for supporting me and I hope I did you proud I will put the full scores up tomorrow for everyone to have a look. I hope to see you all again next year

Scott Fryer

Here here Scott.

Also a big thanks to the effort and time from you. Mate it was a pleasure to bowl in and it was great to see the sea of Don Kelly ( Manager ) shirts thru the field.

Tony Hamilton

ps I also want to point out the amazing show of strength from my doubles partner youth bowler Amanda Bowling. Amanda carried 78 kilos for 24 frames.
Off a 150 avg she out scored me by 50 pins scr thru the first 2 matches ( 200 & 18? ). The crowd love it!!!!!
Well done AB on some great bowling.

Scott count me in for DKM 2008

just to let you know it was 286 not 277 just as bad any way

great day any way even though i choked on my 300

Back
Top Bottom