Columbia 300 Cuda/C in original specs ?

finspin

Chatting in my Proshop, conversation came round to me still bowling with an Original Columbia Maroon Cuda/C.
The proshop guys stated, he believed Columbia were going to bring it out of retirement in its original specs, not updated or 2000 versions.
Anyone heard this rumour ?
Perhaps Max knows ?

George would probably be the one that would know.

I know they have re-released the Pulse and the Piranha

My Proshop looked into this ball being back into production.
It is, He has ordered me two.
I've been assured its in the original specs

Alan

View this thread:

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=12891

I have been selling the re-made version of the Cuda/C since September 2006.

Same core, same coverstock, same color & same logos. The re-made version features a polished box finish rather than a sanded box finish.

They have been walking out my proshop door. From what I remember of the original the re-make seems to be exactly the same.

The only difference i have seen is that they are now three piece and not 2 piece like the originals were...

Were and still are an awesome ball......load them up and watch them hook!!!

Tom

I noticed the same thing. There is actually a filler material between the core body and coverstock. It is very rare for a new release not to have filler material between the core body and coverstock.

I love my Cuda/C re-make. From what I remember it rolls and hits just like the original.

Jagga had one of the original Cuda C's for years - rolled it until it couldnt be used anymore. Said it was THE best ball he had ever owned. I purchased one of the remakes for him from Brando, and as far as Jag is concerned, it is just as good, if not better, than his original one. :)

Took possession of two brand new Cuda/C 15lb balls last night. Got one drilled, the other is going into storage. Previous comments re the filler are spot on. Compared my original to the new, the old ball is all coverstock whereas the new as about a centimeter of coverstock before hitting the filler.
Its possible why the old ball survived a trip in the dishwasher, a while back,which bought it back to life... Not sure the new ball would survive.
The guy in the proshop, stated that a batch of balls were made. They not being brought back into general production

Back
Top Bottom