900 Global Creature pearl Review.

tonx

Punched mine a basic 5 by, with a small balance hole on the midline/val intersect to bring it back to legal. Box finish. Pin up.

Ball is same core as the original Creature, but is wrapped in superflex pearl, one of columbia's tried, tested and proven coverstocks. You may have found this cover on balls such as:

C300 Reaction Rip
C300 U Turn Pearl
C300 Flipside Panic

to name a couple...

Sails through the heads and the front part of the mids, responds well to friction in the backend part of the lane, and can create the needed bite accross all angles. This ball has basically ruled my Ebonite Whirlwind null and void, as it gives a more consistent read during transition.

Balls that I ENJOY using, are balls that you can take your hand out of it and it will still roll, as well as if the speed is dropped a little, it can be made to cover as many boards as needed. This is one of those balls, and looking at its motion, for a pearl it is suprisingly versatile.

The colour scheme gives the ball a low RG FEEL off the hand, and it really gives the bowler confidence that the shot they are making has plenty of rotation on it. It plays well with loft speed, axis rotation and angle adjustments, and keeps alot of its energy even through burned midlanes.

I suggest using this ball from lights to mediums ONLY, Due to the potentially dangerously sharp angles I could see this ball producing if it was flooded. 99% of league bowlers would be able to use this ball with full confidence on most house shots.

I will be using the ball alot on THS, as I can keep my speed in check and allow the ball to get down the lane on its own. I will also see alot of use in later blocks of tournament play with full confidence that it will give me the hitting power when other balls are just simply too much for the condition out there.

Smooth, clean, solid ball motion, coupled with potential for powerful backend reaction, yet equally capable of playing tight angles on sports shots and heavily broken down conditions. With more use, it could very well become my favourite 900global ball.

Back
Top Bottom