Coffs Harbour Skins

scott

Well what can I say what a great event to bowl in. I would like to thank James for such a great event mate I was so impressed with everything and I will be back for sure.

It was a great night with Jarred Lean taking home 5 skins congrats on that

It was a great pattern that held up very well for the 10 games with 6 to a pair. To all the staff at coffs you guys did a fantastic job with everything your professionlism should be commended I know it made my trip so much more enjoyable.

Jamse Thanks for everything you did last night the work and the effort you put in was enormous and it is good to see sombody with so much passion for the sport keep on supporting it

Thank you to the sponsors for what they had done aswell we need to keep these tournaments running and we need to look after the sponsors

I highly recommend that if you were thinking about bowling in this and didnt you should reconsider for the next time James ran a great event and I know regardless I will be back time and time again

Well done to everyone that bowled and won a skin or 5 last night

And once again Thank You to James and his staff Job well done 2 thumbs up:thmbup::thmbup:

Thanks Scott Fryer

Well said Scott.

James and his team up there put on a great event..they have listen to what bowlers are looking for, short formats, not too expensive and a good prizefund. The timing was great 6pm kick off as it allowed ppl to travel on the Saturday and then stay one night and drive home on the Sunday.

The skins event cost $170 and every game was $450 for ten games.After doing some quick maths..it works out James only charged around $3 a game!! Brackets were also run during the night adding additional element and fun to the night. The event was well recieved by all as it seemed everyone was enjoying the night. There was also more ppl watching then at most "major" events, this was due to a strong showing of younger players which was great to see.

This is centre which is run by a bowling family and is providing events for the bowlers..i would encourage everyone to support any event Coffs put on in the future especially the annual tournament held in September.

well done james and the team for putting a great event i enjoyed myself considering i have not bowled in a skins event since 93 when andrew frawley ran his last at warilla once again well done

Hi All,

Thanks for your support, although it was a busy night we had a lot of fun putting it on.

And Jarrod is right I was only thinking this morning that the number of spectators we had on Saturday night is more than I have seen at any of the Majors I have attended in the last couple of years. We had plenty of local league bowlers come in just to watch which was great.

Thanks must also go to the local newpaper who ran 2 stories on the skins in the 2 weeks leading up to the event which I am sure boosted spectator numbers.

Forgive me if I get any of these wrong but this is what I think happened.

Richard Stevens 214
Ben Pearce 242
Michael Little 235?
Matt Fryer 245
Ross Sanson 278
Jarrod I can't remember all of them but he won 5 and had 1295 for the 5 skins.
That said there was not one skin (even Jarrod's) that went through easy, with several players in contention every time.

Have to mention Bianca Flanagan's 254 to loose by 1 to Jarrod's 255 claiming she is always the bridesmaid.

Anyway it was a great night and thanks everyone for coming, we will definately do it again.

Regards
James

To James & Holiday Lanes crew.

A big thanks. it was a great night and one i wont forget for a long time. I think i still have that stupid looking grin on my face after my good piece of fortune in the 1st game. Also a big thanks to my fellow bowlers especialy Saver & Rossco for your words of encouragement throughout the night.

Richard.

As James has said, it was not just great to see 12 lanes packed with 6 per pair playing off for a crack at big money each game, but great to see a lot of spectators floating around the bowl for the majority of the night. Skins finished at 11pm and the bowl was still fairly full.

Am glad this turned out well as was something we had been discussing for a while and looks like there is a future in this kind of format with Bathurst now running a similar event.

These events only work when the bowl involved has the bowlers interest at heart, as Jez said, only charging $3ish a game is rare these days for any tournaments. Not to mention the great service always displayed to the bowlers.

Thanks
Mick

After all this hype I am sure I will be in the next round of skins. Looks to be good fun and a chance of cracking a win (or two :D).

Back
Top Bottom