Coaches Insurance

With the new Level one courses heading in some direction I'm curious about who is to pay for the coaches insurance.

In the on line course it mentions Personal Indemnity Insurance which I know is extremely expensive

I would the assume the centres Public liability would cover a coach coaching in that centre or would it

I know this has been a problem in the past

Any thoughts

With the new Level one courses heading in some direction I'm curious about who is to pay for the coaches insurance.

In the on line course it mentions Personal Indemnity Insurance which I know is extremely expensive

I would the assume the centres Public liability would cover a coach coaching in that centre or would it

I know this has been a problem in the past

Any thoughts

To the best of my knowledge coaches are covered by the TBA insurance

A registered TBA coach is covered by the TBA coaches policy however if a coach is not TBA registered they should get individual insurance cover to protect both themselves and the player should a claim arise.

All a coach is doing is "hiring a lane" for their use. This is where a lot of bowlers think they are covered but they are not which is why the new TBA memberships include personal injury insurance for registered bowlers taking part in or travelling to/from TBA events. However as a coaching session is not a "TBA event" this insurance would probably not cover any injury at this time nor the Coach from any personal liability.

The Centres public liability insurance only covers the centre users if the centre is at fault in some way ie if you go to the bathroom without shoe covers, get something on your shoes and then stick on the lanes and hurt yourself would be very hard to prove negligence on the part of the centre.

A registered TBA coach is covered by the TBA coaches policy however if a coach is not TBA registered they should get individual insurance cover to protect both themselves and the player should a claim arise.

All a coach is doing is "hiring a lane" for their use. This is where a lot of bowlers think they are covered but they are not which is why the new TBA memberships include personal injury insurance for registered bowlers taking part in or travelling to/from TBA events. However as a coaching session is not a "TBA event" this insurance would probably not cover any injury at this time nor the Coach from any personal liability.

The Centres public liability insurance only covers the centre users if the centre is at fault in some way ie if you go to the bathroom without shoe covers, get something on your shoes and then stick on the lanes and hurt yourself would be very hard to prove negligence on the part of the centre.

Thanks
SO what you are saying is if I'm a registered TBA Coach and I coach someone would isn't a TBA sanctioned player and they injure themselves Im liable??

TBA registered coaches have professional indemnity included in their registration fees - which they pay each 2 years - they choose to be registered and this (the insurance) is one of the benefits of being a TBA registered Coach. Bowlers who are members of the sport - members of TBA benefit from bowlers insurance - each person chooses to protect themselves and become part of the sport TBA have put this insurance in place to protect their members and also the coaches.
All sport activities involving other people put each of us at risk - so insurance is the best possible option when working with others - we live in a society today that requires risk management - simple as that. Thankfully there are many who still do the work to assist others. Gail

Back
Top Bottom