Centres on Gold Coast

Just wanting some info on the closest centers to Surfers Paradise, that are Registered wth TBA...as the Bowl at Burleigh Head is Not (according to link on home page, Australian Centres)

Cheers

Bruv

The closest centres to Surfers are Ashmore and Nerang. As stated Burleigh Superbowl is not a registered centre and does not have any accredited leagues.
Ashmore and Nerang are vastly different centres both in appearance and scoring condition, so you certainly have a choice. Good luck !

Or you can always take a trip down to Tweed! :lol: Very bright centre and we will always look after you. Just mention that you are a TBA Registered Member.

Further to "Ben A's" message, Tweed has also improved on the lane condition front contrary to what you may hear around the centres.

Thanks to a new oiling machine, dedicated tech's & some high profile bowlers, we have mastered a new condition and the scores are improving out of sight..... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

If you want to bowl in a carpark then go to Ashmore or Nerang but if I were you.....make the effort to head down to Tweed Heads.

I think the oil is shorter at ashmore now than when the guardian was down :eek: Im hearing good things about Mt Warren, if you are up the northern end of the coast, why not just duck up and check them out.

If however you decide to join a league at Ashmore and you chalk up a 24 game average by 15th August, you will be eligible to enter the Ashmore League Championship which this year carries $4000 in prize money.

Can we get more than 30 ft of oil though andrew? it's great to be putting more on the heads, but what about the rest of the lane :(

One of the great things about having a lower average - and that's me - is that you don't have to worry about condition as you have enough trouble trying to hit the bloody target.
:lol:

Andrew S. said:
One of the great things about having a lower average - and that's me - is that you don't have to worry about condition as you have enough trouble trying to hit the bloody target.
:lol:

Who needs a target when you can just whack it up some more, just pick an approximate point on the lane and throw it in that general direction, it's all about the revs. It works, trust me :lol:

Unfortunately my ball doesn't do revs. Never has. I even bought the book - that didn't help. I used to get quite upset until somebody told me it was because I am a committee member, and committee members simply do not do revs. Revs, it seems are for real bowlers and there is a dividing line between committee members and real bowlers. :cry:

Come now, ive seen you down on the lanes, you dont throw that bad a shot, even if you are a high ranking official :lol:

High Ranking :rofl:
At least you have a sense of humour.

I see Ashmore has just had its machine pulled down and completely rebuilt. I believe they are concerned about the present pattern, or lack of it. Even James M has dropped back to 220 recently so he'll be grateful for the adjustment. Should be interesting to see how it plays both tonight and Friday. They tell me the oil will be put down further and should hold up longer.

I had actually written a post which raised some relevent points, but looking back, i feel it was too negative to post. I dont think it quite warrant's a reply like that, so i'll hold back until a time more deserving :lol: Tonight though, wow, it's back in the desert (perhaps a more fitting name for the league would be the sahara?), it's like we have gone back in time :p you know the lanes are dry when straight bowlers are bowling down the guts of the lane and their balls are hooking before they get past the heads :eek: Be interesting to see just how it goes tomorrow night, in particular, any change to the condition.

Ohh and andrew, i saw that sneaky split that you spared tonight, it was pure perfection, bravo! 8)

Back
Top Bottom