Lane #1 Carbide Plus

RONALD C

Susy wants me Banned
Very brief review but will give you an idea of what it does.

Was drilled up by George for Brian Robinson, Brian said he wanted it to hook in heavy oil. Dont know exactly how George drilled it, but he may get on here and let us know?

Thats what this ball does, hook hook hook.
Robbo turns his average ball on a standard Brisbane condition 10 boards playing down 10 board and in smoothly.

He threw this ball on a lake and turned it 15 boards with ease. He could play a couple of different lines, and the more time he gave this ball on the lanes the more it turned, it was flairing about 6 inches, which is a lot of flair for Robbo.

He is stoked with his new purchase, so all you old codgers had better watch out for him at nationals! ;)

Good luck with it Robbo.

Quick review on the Lane1 Carbide Plus.

Got a long pinned Carbide plus from Max @ Bowling Balls Australia.

Drilled the ball 4.75 by 4.5, with no XH. The pin ended up just above the ring finger. Ball is still currently box finish.

I chose this ball/layout combination, as I wanted a clean revving ball, that would break hard enough at the end of longer patterns to carry corners more consistently than my old World Class Particle. I wanted more overall hooking potential, as well as more backend reaction.

Apparently, I got the right ball/layout combo right ;)

I've used it on a number of patterns, and its actually an extremely impressive piece. Its versatility and ability to play different lines is awesome! Carry is second to none, and its smooth even ROLL, with strong grab on the back reminds me alot of what I have seen with the c300 action max, but the C+ seems to have more continuation. It handles medium heavy to heavy very well, but can be used with good speed on mediums playing the swinging shot. Forget dry...

Extremely impressive piece. I wonder if Lane#1 really do have something going with this diamond core theory? :D

I plan to order another one, and hit it with a light layer of polish just to see how much backend potential this little puppy has ;)

Solid effort by Lane#1!

Robbo's was drilled 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 with balance hole at 5 1/2" from his PAP, it does flare a tonne which is what Robbo needed.

Back
Top Bottom