900 Global Break Solid Review.

tonx

Break Solid review.

I decided that since it had been a while since I had last had anything with a pin in palm layout that I would drill a 900Global Break with the pin directly in centre of grip. This isn't a rico, as I haven't placed an XH in it yet.

I found a ball with a very small pin-cg distance. This was perfect for the layout that I wanted, as not only was it a short pin, but the cg was just off pin-mb line, in the right direction to give me room, but no NEED for a balance hole if I didn't want one.

I shined a medium amount with legends polish to get the ball through the heads with the low pin, and placed the MB in my favourite position at 50 degrees.

This ball has probably the cleanest hit I have ever used. The energy retention, and transfer to the pins is impressive, and it is extremely rare even on tough to carry conditions to leave alot of corners. The layout and surface prep give rotation, tilt and speed tollerance when dialled in, and it keeps the pins very very low.

I generally prefer a ball that is a little more even off the breakpoint for tournament conditions. It rolls so heavily off the breakpoint, and really gives a unique look on the lanes. The recovery that I can get out of the ball is truely impressive.

I have also seen a few with higher pins, and the hook and backend potential is far too much for my hand. Higher pins would suit those that require a little help getting the ball to break hard in the backend.

As this is the first release from 900Global, I am very impressed with its versatility and hitting power. Great job!

Drilled this ball out today with pin at leverage, 1.5 inches belown the fingers, MB 1 inch inside the VAL with a 1" x 3" hole 1 inch below the grip centre on the VAL. This provides me with an even arcing reaction with continuation right the way through the pin deck. Its almost the same layout as I put on the Break Pearl.

With similar layouts, the Break Solid has me standing 6 boards inside where I need to stand for the Pearl with the break point some 15 feet earlier. So, needless to say, its an oiler. The carry is very similar to the Break S70 with it preferring flush and lighter to maximise the carry. High flush and high will leave lots of middle back row and a few 6-8's (or 4-9's for you right-siders), but flush and lighter creates spectacular carry with lots of messengers.

Its a great 1-2 punch to go with the Break Pearl S70.

Can't wait for the S75. I have been a confirmed Brunswick user for years now, but I might have found a new brand to put in the bag.

900Global

4 months down the track and I can safely say this is my benchmark ball. Got more games on this than either of the other 2 Breaks (S-70 Pearl and S-75). When I reviewed this ball originally I rated it as an oiler, but with a light polish, it has become my benchmark ball and now fits perfectly between the Pearl and the S-75.

The most striking (groan!!!:rolleyes:) aspect of this ball is its continuation. Have yet to see this ball roll out, no matter how dry the lanes get. Reaction is a skid/strong arc shape and it has lost none of the Break carry i have become accustomed to with no hint of any loss of coverstock strength after well over 100 games.

Lastly, there is still something cool about a black ball screaming up to the pocket. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom