Bowling overarm instead of underarm

h45e

Hi guys,
My mrs had a go bowling, but she can only bowl doing a over arm action instead of cupping the ball in your hand and releasing it that way. Is there any rules to say the over flick action is wrong?

Bowling out the back of the hand is legal in league as there is a few women who do it in my league.

It's where they release the ball with the back of the hand facing the pins and the ball rotates backwards.

I'll bet her ball doesn't fit. When people do this, it nearly always can be fixed with a good fit and a bit of training. Clenching like crazy will cause the hand to turn inwards and can lead to pain long term. Releasing the ball palm forwards will produce better roll and better scores long term. Seek out a good pro shop and see if she can get her fit checked and then some coaching.

I saw some teens bowling the other day socially and one fella actually bowled it as if it were a "shot put". You can imagine the air time this ball had before it hit the lane. He was using a 9 pound house ball and showing off to his mates. I had to go over and gently remind them to bowl properly or take a hike as what they were doing would be potentially damaging the lanes.

Back
Top Bottom