Bowling Ball Warranties

M

mikequitter

Folks:
Jason Walsh suggested that we join the Total Bowling forum. It is our pleasure to be here. I am looking forward to lots of interesting feedback, comments, and information that will help us to do our job a little better in serving the Australian bowling market.
I do have one issue that deserves mention to benefit everyone who is on this site.....ball warranties.
All manufacturers warrant balls for a period of one year against all defects. To claim a warranty defect, the ball is to be taken back to the pro shop or the distributor from whom it was purchased. We have 3 authorized distributors in Australia for our 3 bowling ball brands. They are:

Hammer: Lawrie Hill of Animal's Pro Shop
Ebonite: Andrew Cherrett and Audry Nable of B & B Pro Shop Supplies
Columbia and Track: Qubica AMF

Anyone else offerring any of these 4 brands for sale in Australia is a 3rd party distributor who is buying from a foreign distributor, probably in the USA.
There is no problem with this. However, if there is a warranty issue, please be sure that the ball is presented to the person who imported the ball, either as the official authorized distributor or as a third party.
Our Authorized Distributors have records of all balls sold by them according to the serial number of the ball. They will cheerfully service any ball that they sold in the market, but it is not fair to ask them to service balls that they did not sell.

Questions or comments? Happy to respond to all.

Mike

hi mike just a quick comment the reason we buy overseas is your distributors cost too much.
i can buy from overseas and have it at my door in 5 days and it still cost me $20 to $40 cheaper than your distributors will to me as a proshop and they buy direct from you i dont.
if i could buy for the same price i would use your guys.
just a thought.

We purchase direct from the US's biggest supplier.

On the few occasions we have had warranty issues, they have been very prompt in resolving them with manufacturers.

As a general rule, upon our own examination - we immediately order our customer's replacement ball at our own expense and let our credit come when it gets processed. Doing it this way ensures our customer is inconvenienced as little as possible.

Max

Back
Top Bottom