Bowler's Airline

jason_85

Hello,

Just a query, what is the most prefered domestic airline for bowlers in Australia.

I am looking to get the cheapest seats for September next year.

Thanks Guys.

Cheers,

Jase. :D

Hi Jase
From the West, Virgin is my first choice. I like to pay the extra cost for the emergency exit seat and get the extra leg room, woth the extra $45 for a long 3 hour plus flight.
tin

yeah Virginblue is good. 23kg checked baggage plus an extra 5kg free for sporting equipment at check in, just let the check in staff know you have sporting equipment. plus excess baggage at the check in counter is only $10 per kilo so you can take 30kg (2kg excess for only $20). Some of the others are not to bad either cause you can prepay some extra luggage allowance on Tiger and JetStar so its worth checking them all out but always remember to figure in extra costs of luggage of the various airlines when working out the total price the flights will cost. Virginblue is good also cause they have the Happy Hour specials so you can get some pretty good deals sometimes, months in advance
if you know when you want to travel. Check everyday as the destinations change everyday.

Hope that helps
Paul T

Guys,

Much appreciate all the friendly advice.

Seems like Virgin is the "Bowler's Airline"

Thanks again guys,

Jase. :D

Jason

virgin is the one to go for if you have Silver Level TBA membership. Ensure you check out the deals TBA have negotiated but I believe you need to do this via the TBA official Travel representative. contact the TBA for more details.

Virgin for me - online

Virgin Lounge at the airport..........

and 56 kilo's to play with, because I take my wife with me.........

Cheers

tony

Hi Jase
From the West, Virgin is my first choice. I like to pay the extra cost for the emergency exit seat and get the extra leg room, woth the extra $45 for a long 3 hour plus flight.
tin

I know exactly how you feel. I have been flying Qantas lately and whenever I go to check in, they ask me if I would like emergency exit seating at no extra charge.

As far as bowling travel goes, I believe the TBA has negotiated a deal with Virgin to become the preferred airline for bowlers.

Bigsy...

Virgin's deal with TBA silver members is pretty good for travelling with bowling gear but you do need to deal with the travel agent in Qld therefore need to pay extra for the booking fees. Need to give plenty of notice and check your bookings carefully as they have made a couple of mistakes when using them last year for a couple of trips. These were rectified very quickly and at no cost after it was pointed out to them.

Also give yourself time at checkin as in most cases the checkin people do not recognise the baggage code for the TBA deal and can take extra time to get the extra baggage on board.

I'm from WA and prefer Qantas to the eastern states. 4 - 5 + hour flights are a bit easier on the body with food included in cost of ticket and a bit more variety than the Virgin onboard menu.

Did do a Virgin flight from Perth to Sydney (midnight horror though) and got picked up by transfer and didnt have time to grab anything to eat at airport on way out and nearly fainted later in the morning.

I'm lucky enough to use 13lb equipment and can take 3 balls as checked luggage for 23kg and pack tournament clothes, spare t-shirt & accessories in hand luggage and wear jeans and a t-shirt. No need for extra weight allowance.

Back
Top Bottom