I think its ether
John Honeychurch,
Andrew Jacklin or
Rodney Kerrison.
They are all from Vic
So yea.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

John Honeychurch is an awesome coach...... He has helped me develop my game soooo much over the last couple of years!

Ken Mills from Redcliffe. The guy has put in so much for juniors, being sq sheild coach for many years. He has helped me out so much, and there are countless others who have seen lots of success with Mr Mills, and he's just a great guy.

This is actually rather a good topic.

Who is the best coach in Australia?

The top coaches need to know every aspect of the game.

Ball reaction: based on drilling, surface preparation, ball fit etc etc.
Lane management: how to play certain conditions, based on CURRENT sports patterns, effects that different surfaces have with oil dictation throughout not just 3 games, but over 100 games or more.
Technique: Aspects of form. Including developing a strong, yet consistent release, as well as versatility, being ABLE to play EVERY arrow at different speeds.
Psych: Mentally coping with the ups and downs of tournament play. If a bowler makes a mistake, they need to reset their 'feelings' and take the next ball as a chance to recover, not as a chance to 'stuff up' again.

Based apon this information, there is a combination of 2 coaches for my vote.

Patrick Burtig: His knowlege not only of technique, but also CURRENT LINE ball reactions based apon pin placement and mass bias dictation is up there with the very best. He is a spot on driller that really knows his stuff, and extremely rarely makes mistakes. He also has all the facilities to enable him to create incredible improvements in a bowlers game.

Patricks main strength: knowlege and experience.

Chris Mesagno: This is a guy that has taken HUGE steps to improve mental status's of bowlers in this country. He has gone out of his way to enable him to take Australian bowlers MENTAL games to an entirely new level. If a bowler wants to step up to tournament bowling, OR wants to improve their results, I strongly suggest listening to what this guy has to say.

Chris's main strength: He knows NOW. He knows the modern game, AND how to create the mind of a modern day bowler.

These are based on my opinion only, and im sure there are lots of fantastic coaches out there, however it is a rare find to discover people like these 2 that just have such a gift of the game for others to share.

Cheers!

Well...
Based on what Tonx wrote, I would have to say Andrew Frawley would have been the best coach in Australia. He was successful in teaching others about ball reaction, reading lanes, developing a consistant approach and release and developing their mental game. He had it all downpat, Id give anything to get him back here.

Stuart Little said:
Ken Mills from Redcliffe. The guy has put in so much for juniors, being sq sheild coach for many years. He has helped me out so much, and there are countless others who have seen lots of success with Mr Mills, and he's just a great guy.
Spot on there matie

i was around the junior scene in the early 90s when his daughter was a junior and he was always up for a chat about how you were goin in a tournment or how u were working on your game.

I only got coaching by one person, so my vote is for her... ;) Cheryl Munson.

In my humble opinion, Steve Arundell has my vote, because of his forward thinking and knowledge and integrity, of all aspects of the game, his abilility that if he sees an area he can't help in, is man enough to say so, and will send you to who he thinks is the best available, to help you, in that area, he was quick to see the potential of Chris Mesagno and has helped and encouraged, with Chris by his side, many a bowler from here and interstate, with their Bowling Clinic week ends, their imput into State teams, their Junior development, etc. Their combined outlook of seeing where bowling has to go, over the next twenty years, for all of us here in Australia, is sound and solid, and they are working towards this very goal. So Steve and Chris to me are an awesome combo, and as a bowler, I say thanks to both of them. Keep up the good work. Patrick rates up in there too. How lucky are we, to have these people and the wealth of knowledge they possess between them, so all I can say is, tap the source.

Back
Top Bottom