Berri to host tournament

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Berri will host its first ever tournament on Nov 22-23. Entry form out in a few days. Huge prizefund, heaps of giveaways (including stainless steel BBQ's), house accom available., plus much more

Stay tuned

23 nov is the final tourni for the year for the b b a south australia srcatch series ?

i would love to bowl at berri but sorry this weekend dose not suit me maybe next year

The date isn't confirmed but I spoke to Brenton last week and he mentioned it clashes with the Victorian Sports series final. Is the following weekend better?

Hi George,

It is the Emerson Shield Final that it clashes with in Victoria.
Most Vic. country centres are involved in Emerson, including Mildura which is only just over an hour away from Berri.

Might be better the following weekend to ensure entries are up for Steve's first venture into the tournament scene.

I know of several bowlers from here are interested but already committed to Emerson.

Rob

I heard the sports series final in melbourne was on the last weekend in Nov. Will that affect entries? Steve is hoping for between 30-40 for this first tournament

To give you an idea, 1:2.5 payout ratio, $2500 for 1st, $150 entry

Will confirm the dates soon

I would think if you got the dates right the 30-40 entries Steve is looking at would not be too much of a problem, especially with the prize payout you are suggesting.
Barossa struggled for entries over the last few years but still normally ended up with around the 40 mark with 1st prize around $1000 - $1200.

Would be great to see another decent tournament back on the SA calendar, with the prize money suggested would think a few interstate bowlers would look at travelling to the Riverland for weekend

Reckon I know 2 people from up your way George would come, although I think they may be heading overseas the dates you are suggesting

Hope it all comes up trumps

Cheers
Colin

My concern was that a bunch of SA bowlers were heading to Melbourne but if they are not I'll certainly be recommending to Steve that we run it on the last weekend. He is throwing big money at it, the first one of many to come in the upcoming years.

Will keep you posted

Tournament is now on December 13th and 14th!

Will post an entry form in the next 48hrs, huge prizefund, you won't want to miss this!

Andrew Frawley had a very nice 299 in the final game of Squad A.

George F was on top after squad A followled by Andrew F I believe.

Back
Top Bottom