Ball reaction change???

Trent083

Ive had my Visionary Violet Gargoyle for nearly 12 months now, and have just resumed bowling after the christmas break last week (and again tonight) and have noticed a very significant change in the way the ball reacts on the lanes.

I have asked the centre about this, and they tell me that conditions have not been altered, I have started bowling with a Robbys RevsIII aswell (positioning of this, is nearly exactly the same as my old mongoose), but the thing is, instead of going down the 3 board like normal, and into the 1-3 pocket, I now find myself having to go out from the centre of the lane, over the 3 board, and its still hooking that much that it hits the 1-2 pocket.

My action, release, nothing else has changed (not that this is a bad thing mind you, my average has risen 13 pins in 2 weeks) its just strange, anyone else got stories like this?

Hmm, I dunno, it actually feels as though im bowling a little faster, and somehow getting more revs, it could be too that when I hit the 3-2 board on the right that I hit go from oil-dry patch in a short space of time, knowing the local conditions, lol.

Ill play around a bit in the next few weeks and see what happens, 4 out of the last 6 games have been 190's (off a 155 average) so I wont try and do anything different, just found it a little strange, lol

maybe try and put a thin layer of polish on ur ball... make it go longer before it reacts with the lane surface..
Good luck bud! let us know how u go!
R

you may find that with the new wrist brace is has actually given you a stronger release therefore creating more hook on your ball from having your wrist in a constant stronger position

you may find that with the new wrist brace is has actually given you a stronger release therefore creating more hook on your ball from having your wrist in a constant stronger position

I didnt actually think of that, my hand doesnt move at all with the new wrist brace, with the old one it was that worn that it used to flex backwards, upon the swing (like 1-2cms), I find now that the hook is also alot more consistent

There's your answer, your wrist isnt breaking back anymore!! Good little lesson there as to how how worn and old accesories can mess with your game too.

Back
Top Bottom