Australian Boys Team win Silver in Thailand!!!

M

Mini_Me

Not sure on the scores as i only just got and sms saying the boys team WON A SILVER MEDAL.

They were unlucky to be beaten by Sweden but i'm so proud of them i've been dying to here these results all day and finally. I was hoping for the gold to see if Kevin, Peter and Barry went through with their promises but i'm over the moon hearing that they got Silver :)

YOU GO GUYS!!!! GO AUSSIE GO!!!!!

Will be good seeing you foto up on the site with your medals you deserve them nice work :)

All my love
Lil Leisa xxxx

Here are the scores for everyone to have a look at.
JASON WALSH - 205 248 231 259 205 167 - 1315
JARROD LEAN - 244 172 203 215 205 232 - 1271
CAMERON JENKINS - 147 224 167 179 254 191 - 1162
JASON BELMONTE - 178 256 189 192 256 203 - 1274
Total = 5022
Unfortunately as we know it wasnt good enough for the Gold but it is a medal and they bowled heaps good and im sure they gave it their all!!! :D
The Gold went to Sweden with a total of 5074 and the Bronze went to Korea with a total of 4907.

We also picked up another medal at the conclusion of thwe teams event!! CONGRATULATIONS TO JASON WALSH, PICKING UP A BRONZE MEDAL IN ALL-EVENTS!!!!!! Well Done mate, keep up the form going into masters and then you will pick up another medal. Unfortunately Belmonte missed the cut by 4 pins. The standings are below.
All-events standings;
JASON WALSH - 3rd 3807
JARROD LEAN - 8th 3747
JASON BELMONTE -18th 3663
CAMERON JENKINS - 43rd 3553
1st was Yannaphon Larpapharat from Thailand - 3863
16th (the cut) was Wonlak Son from Korea - 3667

I would just like to wish Jason and Jarrod all the best in masters, im sure they will bowl awesome and maybe even collect 2 medals!! You can do it boys!!!! GOOD LUCK!

GO AUSSIES!!! :twisted:

Well, what can I say

Bowling with Belmo, Jez and Walshy is an experience. I feel like I've let the team down, when I bowled 140 in the first game, 60 more pins would of gotten us a gold. I deeply apologise for that ...

However, I must say, our fifth game was easily the best feeling in my bowling career that I have ever experienced. The aussie crowd was louder than I have ever heard in any home bowling centre in Australia, they must be commended for their efforts as well. Belmo and I struck the first 6 each, and venezuela and u.s.a were bowling next to us, and knew they weren't going to catch us. Its just a pitty that sweden bowled 905 in the same game, resulting in us only gaining 15 pins, and still being 80 pins down before the lsat game.

Anyway, Walshy and Jez are feeling confident for the masters, I will be cheering them all the way to the medal presentations (hopefully)

Congrats to the boys for their medal ..awesome stuff.

To Jez & Walshy : good luck this afternoon ..

To Milkman : mate .. stop being so hard on yourself .. this was your first trip overseas and you did well. A few people (including yourself) were unsure of how you would perform over there .. a 197.3 average in a WORLD event is nothing to sneeze at. Mate you can hold your head high .. that's a great effort. Come home and have a rest and get your mind back into it .. there is absolutely no reason you should be so down on yourself.

Back
Top Bottom