ATBSO WA MAsters Champs 2008

ATBSO WA had their Masters on the weekend at AMF Cannington, I would like to thank Liz (Asst Manager) for all her help and her staff who helped us through some difficult periods over the 11 games, and made it a success

Congratulations goes to the following:

Open Mens Masters Champion - Roy Searle, 2260
2nd Greg Ball 2254
3rd Paul Terry 2162

Open Female Masters Champion - Joyce Schneider 2022
2nd Susan Searle 2006
3rd Brenda Kirkwood 1882

Restricted Mens Masters CHampion - Hup Kong 2433
2nd Alan Gray 2389
3rd Alan Terry 2366

Restricted Female Masters Champion - Jenny Palmer, 2466
equal runner up Ann Gray & Carol Brands 2359.

Thanks to all the bowlers who bowled and the extra 14 we did not count on.
Special thanks to Patricia for her computer work and Barney for being her lane runner.
The new club shirts certainly looked impressive with the whole bowl in the same uniform.

Well done to all the winners and bowlers for that matter in an absolute marathon. In a real grind and as the scoring nose dived it turned into a see-sawing affair with both me and Roy leading at some stage only to fall back next game. Fittingly it got down to the 10th frame last game with dopey here doubling in the tenth only to throw 8 on the bonus ball to draw and Roy pick up a nervous 7 pin spare to do just enough to get over the line. Im sure the big fella is rapt and he should be it was a long hard slog.
Special cudos to Hup Kong for winning his division and showing us all how its done by finishing 100 pins in front of the open mob in qualifying and Peter Duprey for his Hall of Fame award.
As stated it was a long day waaaay to long. I know we had heaps of lane trouble but 9 hours bowling just isnt good enough so I think this needs to be looked at as ATBSO tournies grow in popularity.

Baron

Yep you are right Baron, waaay too long, although I had the lane draw completed, we had more entries than estimated, and not enough lanes.
I have stated we need to look at this format, maybe qualifying in other tournaments with the round robin final and another tournament taking place for those not in the round robin.
I am open to suggestions
Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom