Association Challenge 2014 Form Guide and Odds (2 parts)

hamster

Just a Bowler
Woke up this morning from the strangest dream. I was in the biggest tournament the State has ever seen. We were marching as one, on the road to the Holy Grail.
Welcome all to the running of the 22nd Association Challenge @ Bundaberg Tenpin Bowl. This year “ The Authority “ has gone with a Race to the Holy Grail theme. So here is my dilemma, do I go with the King Arthur approach or Indiana Jones style or just Monty Python and wing it.
Well considering the massive budget I have to go towards research, I’ve come up with this load of trollop as your guide to selecting your Heroes and Heroines to lift the Crown.

Bundaberg: The hosts have laid a flat yet treacherous trek for us to conquer. With prior knowledge, Bundy will be looking for success.
Men’s: 10-1
Who’s Hot: The team as a whole. Strongest line-up I’ve seen in ages.
Who’s Not: The Kings Knight, Princess Patrick Nierla has been quiet since his rise in the ranks last year.
Women’s: 8-1
Who’s Hot: It could be said, strongest line up seen in ages. Also with 2 previous all stars, a team not to be taken lightly.
Who’s Not: The owner of the key to the liquor cabinet. Has let the ale run free, which sees the team free fall down the ladder. Strength is needed

Brisbane: The plague as taken its toll on this once strong hold of the Association. Looking to a new breed of competitors to lift them to greatness.
Men’s 8-1
Who’s Hot: Really hard to go pass the Bart Jeffery with his efforts on the WBT. Grant Hold and Shaun Dunn have also been rolling well of late.
Who’s Not: Other than the Duck Dynasty look, Pleb Palmer has done a lot of talking with very little to back it up. Will this rookie sink or swim?
Who’s Hot: Can’t pinpoint anyone. Donna Adams has done well lately and keeps improving.
Who’s Not: Maybe a lack of experience with 3 rookies in the team. Katie, Danyell and Tracey really need to show the way.

Caboolture: Always a major contender in both divisions.
Baron Bates has made some changes, but is very confident that more than the Ladies title will be coming home.
Men’s: 5-2
Who’s Hot: Without a doubt, Sir/Lady Captain Darryl Alford.
Who’s Not: Those 2 Jesters. Father Time has started to take its toll. Are they outdated and need to be shelved?
Look how long it’s taken to get odds up?
Women’s: 6-4
Who’s Hot: Alicia Melton has been carving it up against the men and Tegan Meads paid me to say “ She’s just HOT!!!!!”
Who’s Not: Ummmmmmmmmmm?

Gold Coast: Have been a dominant force the last decade but have failed to reach those heights the last few yrs. Have had more changes than a Lady Gaga concert on their official team line up.
Men’s: 5-1
Who’s Hot: Well I was actually going to say something about how well Dave Kirby been going but he’s not even in the team. Oh well.
Who’s Not: Really Nathan Stein, passing yourself as a senior. Just to get discounts, closer parking and early dinners. At this rate, you may need those wings.
Women’s: 3-1
Who’s Hot: Bec Meads showed she still has got it after a good run at Robina recently.
Who’s Not: The team as a whole. Have struggled the last couple of years. So use to seeing them winning, whether it was every second yr or a string in a row.

Hervey Bay: Have the tools to make a run for a title but a lack of depth has seen them finish no higher than mid table.
Men’s: 16-1
Who’s Hot: Their chances of taking home the Sportsperson award again. I believe betting agencies are taking no more bets.
Who’s Not: Sir Damien Andrew for unspeakable acts that has led to the absence of Lady Linda Green. (Congrats guys)
Women’s: 20-1
Who’s Hot: Lady Karen Duce has been the foundation of this team and will lead from the front again.
Who’s Not: I can’t tell you, it’s a secret.

Ipswich: Always have been there abouts over the years but have had trouble seeing out the distance. Some fresh faces could be the answer as long as they handle the challenge put before them.
Men’s: 12-1
Who’s Hot: Really hard to say. All members have been putting in some sound efforts of late.
Who’s Not: I believe the Campbell Newman Law has no bearing on how many inked guys you can put in a Line Up. Please refrain from tapping on the glass thank-you.
Women’s: 10-1
Who’s Hot: Debutante, Kassey Fechner has been rolling well of late and brings a wealth of Rachiug experience with her.
Who’s Not: Have always had a good team environment about them but lack a big gun or two to press for a top 3 finish.

To be Cont......

Kingaroy: Another association that is always improving year after year. Has been struck down by the Shinnie’s Curse. (Symptoms: Must have a 4 in your postcode). Could challenge for a top 3 in both divisions
Men’s: 8-1
Who’s Hot: Morty says, “It’s him, just ask Jess”. Tyrone says, “It’s him, just ask Jess”.
Who’s Not: Morty says, “If you just ask Jess, she’ll tell you its Tyrone”. Tyrone says “ Seriously, Look at me!!!!”
Who’s Hot: The team really, with several players making state teams and good efforts at State champs expect a bold showing.
Who’s Not: Ever since she stepped back from Baroness, Lady Fi just hasn’t been the same. I think she misses having the power and striking fear into her subjects.

Sunshine Coast: Well what you say about this team. Back to back Men’s Division. Combined winners last yr and hot favourites to do it all again. Can they away from home and without stalwart and long-time Men’s capt Sir Chris Quail.
Men’s: 11-8
Who’s Hot: It’s a who’s who of qld bowling. Brando, Melton, Meadsey and some left-hander that defected from Caboolture.
Who’s Not: The Tom Selleck, Magnum P.I wannabe. It’s sooooooooooooo EIGHTIES!!!!!!!!
Who’s Hot: Mumma Qualla has been the leading light for the team and is ready to take her charges into battle.
Who’s Not: The loss of several key players. Jester Tracey Jacobs and Jacinta G has been the spine of this team over the years. Hard to replace to very competitive bowlers.

Rockhampton: Have fallen hard since winning MckennaGate. Shhhh there’s some titties. Sorry distracted there. Now where was I???? That’s right, without stalwart Jester Dale Warren rolling the pill, it could be a long weekend.
Men’s: 12-1
Who’s Hot: Those titties were…
Who’s Not: Even thou the guys are competitive, the lack of matches could be there downfall. Look for them to click when it’s all said and done.
Women: 20-1
Who’s Hot: With very little info, Amanda Frost always performs well and will be a leading contender for all-stars.
Who’s Not: Like Ipswich, really a lack of stability in their line-ups is holding them back to greater heights.

Toowoomba: The real under achievers of the Association. Have some great talent within their ranks, but just struggle to put it together for the duration of the tournament. Could upset.
Men’s: 5-1
Who’s Hot: Adam Willersdorf is another one rolling well of late and should be well supported by Nick Horn
Who’s Not: Ben and Sean have now established themselves as the senior statesmen of the team, but need to step it up a notch or two.
Who’s Hot: The team as a whole. Now have players backing up year after year giving it the stability its been lacking.
Who’s Not: Their inability to beat the teams they should beat. Always performs well against the top teams then let’s their guard down against weaker opponents.
Ta-Da
Wishing all Competitors, Coaches, Managers, Volunteers and Supporters a safe trip and can’t wait to retell and create new memories. And for all that didn’t know its National “Hug a Jester” Weekend. So please support this worthy and necessary cause with gusto.
Hammo

Back
Top Bottom