Arm Tendon Problems

Street Racer

Hello all,

I have had this problem for a couple of years now... but it has never got this bad...

my tendons in my arms like tighten up and my fingers or thumb will lock down into my palm of my hand and i cant left them back up for 5 mins or so and then i am out of bowling for a couple of weeks normally

Tonight i had to go home early from league... mind me i was on 670 or so for 3:surrender:....

i have had bowl about 7-8 games before that
tuesday had about 9 games..
saturday had 12 games

so ive had a fair bit of games on it this week,

but walking out of the bowl tonight... i have 2 3 ball totes... i normally just carry both of them, but i had to wheel one out... so i carried the other one...

and walking outside to the car... i felt my left hand going as well...

so what i am asking... do any of yous know any exercises i can do to strengthen up my tendons?

thank you

Brett

I don't know any exercises but l find that if l throw my first dozen or so shots at half speed my arm is better than if l don't warm up properly. Do you warm up much or just start at full speed?
Paul.

I have problems with my tendons as well. Mine began with too many late nights infront of the computer (not JUST for THAT reason!) while at Uni. Over the years I've found a good exercise for it is having this putty stuff that is ment for arthritis sufferers. You can get it from most chemists, not sure what it's called tho. I also have a little "finger strengthener" I picked up from somewhere (I think it was a music instrument shop actually). You hold it in your hand and it has spring loaded "buttons" for each finger that you press down. Works great for individual tendons.

I don't know any exercises but l find that if l throw my first dozen or so shots at half speed my arm is better than if l don't warm up properly. Do you warm up much or just start at full speed?
Paul.

nah... i just let it drop off my hand... normally goes in the gutter.. lol

I have problems with my tendons as well. Mine began with too many late nights infront of the computer (not JUST for THAT reason!) while at Uni. Over the years I've found a good exercise for it is having this putty stuff that is ment for arthritis sufferers. You can get it from most chemists, not sure what it's called tho. I also have a little "finger strengthener" I picked up from somewhere (I think it was a music instrument shop actually). You hold it in your hand and it has spring loaded "buttons" for each finger that you press down. Works great for individual tendons.

there was a bowling one on ebay not so long ago... i was bidding on it... but i didnt wanna pay alot of money for it so i didnt win it

I've heard of people using squash balls for that kind of exercise.

and how would that help?

Get the thumb pitches and spans checked in your bowling balls. Excessive reverse pitch / not enough forward pitch or overspanning will wreak havoc with the tendons in your arm that lead to the fingers and thumb. 90% of bowlers have too much reverse for a relaxed grip.

Back
Top Bottom