Any interest in a trans-tasman Youth Open

• Thread starter Superstrikemanukau
  • Start date
S

Superstrikemanukau

with arifares the way they are... do you think there is any interest in a youth tournament (open) in Auckland for 2008? Our youth don't get much of a chance to bowl out of NZ and suspect it is same in Australia?? Thoughts?

Well at Columbia300 Youth Cup there was something asked about how many would bowl if there was a youth event over in NZ is there was good entry and good airfares i would consider coming across. Had something to do with QubicaAMF glenn rowland would know more.

I would be there no doubt about it...maybe this thread would get more responses in the youth forum?

I think it would be a fantastic experience for Australias Youth to get across the sea and bowl in NZ.
If it were promoted well...and well in advance [unlike some of our own national events], I am sure we could rustle up a number of our bowlers to come over.

Jen.

Although it would be an expensive excercise from Perth, im sure i would round up a few of us to come over from the west and bowl in NZ. Id love to go just for the experience, and im certain that if the tournament was promoted well in advance and had decent prize money, you will attract alot of australians to bowl in it.

Matt

well since i moved from nz to oz nearly 2 yrs ago hell yea i would love to come back and face all of d old nz youth i used 2 bowl with...

:surrender:thanks guys for support - I've done some research - the airfares are not such a problem at $400 return from Melbourne/east coast to auckland but the tax are at $250 each - bloodly airports! Has anyone an any luck with other airlines deals?? Good point about plently of notice time ... one format I was looking at for this Trans-Tasman Challenge was Saturday singles (6 games) doubles (4 games) top ten All Events into a 9 game FREE masters on Sunday morning and finished by 11am Sunday. Open grade - two prizes all events locals and all events non-new zealander... open grade one division... thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom