AMF AMF Mega Friction

Brenton_Davy

900Global bowler
Had the opportunity to throw this beast at the Joondalup Cup. It comes with a warning notice on the side of the ball

"WARNING - THIS BALL HOOKS"

It hooks alright, but it also gives a midlane read like no other ball currently on the market making i an ideal ball for longer and heavier volume patterns. Its ability to read the midlane, even when there is a reasonably high volume and length of oil is outstanding, while retaining the carry of longer, snappier pieces.

The dull cover stock does NOT appear to sheen up like other dull balls. I did not have to clean it throughout the entire tournament (28 games) and it still retained its dull finish.

The condition was a 41 foot 3.5 to 1 gutter to gutter condition on brand new synthetics (brand unknown). Ball was OOB with a 4" pin to PAP layout with the Pin at finger hole level and X-hole on PAP. Any stronger layout would have read the mids too early in box condition (ie with lower pin).

Carry was exceptional on properly executed shots, with only about 6 carries lost to good executions all tournament. An excellent ball for strokers with higher ball speeds on heavier oiled tournament conditions.

Thanks to Tonx for the layout and to Absolute Bowling Supplies for the ball

As an addendum to the above review.

This ball reminds me of (for those who remember it) the Brunswick Danger Zone Pro HP-H with its ability to read the midlane and arcy shape. It too was a very successful ball for heavy patterns and players with low revs to speed ratios.

From what I have seen, I would suggest it's earlier and covers more boards than the AMB Particle as the cover is duller. The lower Rg core (2.50 to 2.56) Means the Mega Friction should rev up earlier than the AMB

From what I have seen, I would suggest it's earlier and covers more boards than the AMB Particle as the cover is duller. The lower Rg core (2.50 to 2.56) Means the Mega Friction should rev up earlier than the AMB

covers more boards????????:eek::eek:

if thats correct then this ball is an absolute monster.

Megafriction#1:

Drilled 4.5 by, pin above ring finger. No XH. Box finish.

Use this one for the basic everyday "lets make everyone play straight" condition. I can use the ball to get inside everyone elses line and play a heavy rolling shot to the pocket, or I can use it to control over under fresh conditions. I can also give the ball a little air, and use it on broken down conditions where there is little to no friction in the backend part of the lane, creating an ideal ball reaction to bite through the sludge.

Megafriction#2:

Drilled 5 by, pin above bridge, no XH, 4k plus finesse it.

Use this one to play almost any angle on the lane I require. Can roll it with very little hit at the bottom and still create ideal entry angles on sports and Typical house conditions. I can also get deep inside the ball and use it to open up the entire lane, playing an aggressive line without sacrificing control or carry.

One thing that is so very common with all of the megafrictions I am seeing out there, is all styles seem to be able to use it and have fantastic carry, with a great amount of control overall. Even if the condition doesn't call for a heavy oil piece, bowlers are still able to take advantage of the unique strong heavy roll it produces in the backend part of the lane. Its only real weakness is light oil, which is to be expected.

If you haven't tried a megafriction yet, and you are seeking a ball that will create amazing hitting power on typically tough conditions carrywise, then this is your ball without a doubt.

Talk to your local proshop about getting one of these balls through Absolute Bowling Supplies.

Thanks to the guys at 900global/Amf300 for making an amazing piece!

Back
Top Bottom