AMF centres enforcing TBA membership!

It's great news to hear that the associations are affiliated. One small step for local associations, one giant leap for Australian bowling. Someone had to be the first to get on board and UTBA is it. Congratulations UTBA! I'm sure it wasn't all plain sailing.

I'll give TBA the fair go it needs until I see fit to do otherwise. I ask you all to do the same. I'll be buying a Silver Membership next year. I'm putting a few bucks in the pot to support competitive bowling. It beats doing nothing. Together we can help it to happen or complain that nothing happens. I vote that we each give this wagon a bit of a push. It's going to take time... and money.

This could be a bit of the sport's history we're watching. (As opposed to bemoaning how the sport is history!) If you want to see a revival of competitive bowling, (which trickles down to so many other levels of the game) then you may have to do more than wish for it. 30 bucks a year? It's 60 cents a week.

I hold out hope...

Cheers,
Jason

It's great news to hear that the associations are affiliated. One small step for local associations, one giant leap for Australian bowling. Someone had to be the first to get on board and UTBA is it. Congratulations UTBA! I'm sure it wasn't all plain sailing.

I'll give TBA the fair go it needs until I see fit to do otherwise. I ask you all to do the same. I'll be buying a Silver Membership next year. I'm putting a few bucks in the pot to support competitive bowling. It beats doing nothing. Together we can help it to happen or complain that nothing happens. I vote that we each give this wagon a bit of a push. It's going to take time... and money.

This could be a bit of the sport's history we're watching. (As opposed to bemoaning how the sport is history!) If you want to see a revival of competitive bowling, (which trickles down to so many other levels of the game) then you may have to do more than wish for it. 30 bucks a year? It's 60 cents a week.

I hold out hope...

Cheers,
Jason

I'm with Jason. Let's put a shoulder to the wheel. I've bought a Silver membership for 2011, even though I find, since my last surgery, that I have great trouble physically bowling more than 4 or 5 consecutive games.
Probably most of the people who use or read the postings on this site are TBA members, and the league bowlers who are not members are only vaguely aware of TBAs existance, and have no knowledge at all of this ( Total Bowling ) site at all - So, we can't even get to them. They're NOT reading this!
Those of you who are members, please consider seriously, upgrading your membership to Silver. It's not much more than a dollar a week.
How many of you are really that poor or destitute?
The sport really is in OUR hands, not TBA's. Don't believe that? Then imagine TBA with 100 members, and what it could do or influence - then imagine it with 100,000 members and what it could do or influence.

I'm with Jason. Let's put a shoulder to the wheel. I've bought a Silver membership for 2011, even though I find, since my last surgery, that I have great trouble physically bowling more than 4 or 5 consecutive games.
Probably most of the people who use or read the postings on this site are TBA members, and the league bowlers who are not members are only vaguely aware of TBAs existance, and have no knowledge at all of this ( Total Bowling ) site at all - So, we can't even get to them. They're NOT reading this!

I probably can't stress enough how IMPORTANT it would be to publicize this website among centers - I know my old center used to encourage people to come on here. But if every or most center did this I think it would be a pretty big step in educating the casual league bowlers about the competitive side, & just how important membership is to the survival of the sport. This place is a social hub that allows all & every bowler to keep up to date with whats happening around australia, with our sport.

This sport is about the members and even I, who does not bowl, pays silver membership - and when as a parent of juniors / youth bowlers I also paid membership to support our numbers and sport identity.

And if parents / family have the ability to join general membership (without entering all sorts of personal / financial discussion), that would bolster our sport numbers as well.

Leanne

This sport is about the members and even I, who does not bowl, pays silver membership - and when as a parent of juniors / youth bowlers I also paid membership to support our numbers and sport identity.

And if parents / family have the ability to join general membership (without entering all sorts of personal / financial discussion), that would bolster our sport numbers as well.

Leanne

Good on you, Leanne! See - there are those on this site who can see further than their own immediate personal interests. You want free miracles? Sorry, but there ar'n't any. You want something cheaper than TBA membership? Sorry, but I don't think there's any of those around either.
Go for it!!

Just my view - if the once a week bowlers and the bowlers who do not wish to fork out this so called huge amount of money for membership - why not just charge them an extra $2 on there bowling fees for 15 weeks and presto membership paid in full with all the benefits... I know it would be a little extra work for the league secretaries... cheers Tony

Back
Top Bottom