ACT Sport Bowling Introduction Series

Just a reminder to everyone that the first session in the series is this Sunday at Belconnen Bowl. If everyone could be at the bowl at around 8:50am so we can get started on time at 9am.
Look forward to seeing you all then.
CT
PS.. For anyone who hasn't got their name down its not too late to enter, we still have a limited number of spots available, just leave your name here or contact me for details (number is on the information sheet)

Topics covered in the first session include;
  • Overview of what Sport Bowling is,
  • Hook - What is it exactly?
  • Reading lanes (Introduction)
  • Analysis of the shot and expected breakdown of the pattern
  • Suggested ball layout and surface
  • Q&A Session
All this plus an 8 game tournament for $60! (No, Chris and I won't be competing - just helping or maybe pacing.)

ACT Region bowlers have long bemoaned the absence of knowledge being passed about. Here it is. Pick our brains.

Head on down guys!

BTW, bring your pen and paper. We want you to take notes so you remember what happened! (Writing notes improves recall.)

Here are the results from todays event. A good time was had by all and we hope that everyone took something useful away from the session. We look forward to seeing you all at round 2.

Thanks CT

Attachments

• Tournament score Round 1.xls
    17.5 KB · Views: 41
I would like to say thankyou to Chris and Jason for running the Bowling Series today in Belconnen.It was very informative and beneficial to the bowlers who took part.
Look forward to round 2.
Thankyou again.
Lynda (Chloe's mum).

I would just like to say a BIG THANKS to Chris and Jason for putting all of their time and effort into this event

Michael

PS: am looking forward to coming to the next event !!!!!

Is the Second Event going ahead, as we had a couple of things on today and were unable to make the 3 hour drive.

Please advise so we can plan for the next one.

You're welcome folks. It was our pleasure. We'd like to thank everyone who came from as far as Albury and Sydney! We'd also like to thank the helpful management and staff at AMF Belconnen.

Yes, the second one is on, as is the third!

Please note these dates:
9/9 for Tuggeranong on the long, inside pattern and 11/11 for Queanbeyan on the short, outside pattern for a 9:00 sharp start. The presentation went a bit longer than we expected, as we covered more ground, so we need to kick off on time.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks Jason & Chris - very informative session - shame i couldnt put it into practice on the lanes - looking forward to Tuggeranong

Hi congratulations Jason, and Chris.

Great to see bowlers supporting the concept of sport series bowling. We have recently started a series here in the west.
ulimately we can work towards a national sport series in tournament. Now that would be something special for our bowlers and our sport.

To all the bowlers in ACT congrats on your support for the series that Jason and Chris have started

allenj

Back
Top Bottom