A plea to the Australian bowling community re: Australian youth team

I donated a significant amount through many avenues, all without requiring or expecting anything in return. Just getting them over for the experience was well worth it all!

In saying that though, it would have been nice to place the letter etc.. in the proshop to show my customers that the contribution was worthwhile.

Also, re-reading this thread really shows the strong community Aussie bowlers really are, and makes me proud to be involved in such a great sport!

Hi All

As a member of the team that went away, I would personally again like to thank everyone who donated their money for us to go to Orlando in August last year.

As far as the donations and promises that were made that was organised by Doriana herself and wasnt aware until it was posted on here. If you have any enquires about the whereabouts of your Pins, Photos and Letter please direct these to Doriana.

Again I would to personally thank Doriana for her hard work organising everything and also to everyone who donated.

Bianca Flanagan
Australian Team Member - Orlando 2008

To All Concerned

I take full responsiblility for this situation. I am ashamed that its had to be brought to my attention but Me and only Me is responsible for all this. I take the total blame. I have no excuse good enough. All I can do is apologise to all the supporters. It has been brought to my attention and I kept putting it off and again I would have to say I am ashamed of myself.

I have kept all the details and even though it may take some time to get addresses I will try my best to get them all out within the next month.

Many people know me as a person of my word and even though this word is very drawn out and well overdue I will see this commitment out as best I can.

Please give me an opportunity to make this right.

Doriana Porto

The treatment that Doriana received from this "team" far outweighs your treatment. Not one word of thanks during the whole trip and she was there with them for the entire time. The money was given to them in its entirety, let them finish it off Doriana, you've done enough for them!

The words "never again" come mind.

I hope that comment was in jest.

My best mate (and training partner) is extremely thankful for the support he received from everyone. Be it his great close mates, or the guy who averages 120 on a Sunday night at Keon Park.

I would like to think that the comment doesn't relate to everyone, and would be disappointed if it was shown to be otherwise.

Well why arnt i surprised. Tenpin bowling shooting itself in the foot ( again )

One thing that everybody needs to remember, is during the whole exercise not one member of the team asked for this effort on Total bowling. It was offered by Dorianna and being very close to the whole thing she did a magnificent job. One that she should be proud of. So maybe a few things have been over looked but a public forum is no place for it. All of the team were very grateful for the donations that came their way. They didn't ask for it and certainly didn't offer what was offered. That was an initiative put together by Doriana.

Werribee (Edi) and apology if it isn't. "Never again" is a big statement. I can assure you, given similar circumstances i would certainly do it again. I was lucky enough to travel to Orlando, and the experience will live with me forever. If anybody gets the chance to go to a world event i say do whatever it takes. You only get one chance at life so live it.

Regards
Phillip Allen

Can i suggest Werribee that you sign your post so we know who is posting

To those concerned.

It would be a great help if everyone who donated to the cause could place their postal addresses here.

Some have been kind enough to get the ball rolling by PM.

So either post address here or PM or email to [email protected]

Thanks

Doriana Porto

I have responded to Dozza in a PM and have apologised for making this issue public. My only intentions were to raise the issue as it had been such a long time since i had heard anything. In no way did i attempt to attack any of the bowlers who made the team (in which i do have close friends who bowled in the team) or was it an attack on Doriana as i do know how much of her own time and effort she had put into the team both here and abroad! I am sorry for bringing this topic up this way!
Cheers
Kelvin Mueller, proud sponsor of the 2008 Australian Youth Team and good friend of a few of those bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom