A new bred of "Perfect Women"

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
Wonder Woman

www.smh.com.au

Like taxi drivers who don't smell or mother-in-laws with a sense of humour, women who drink beer are a sought-after breed, nurtured and worshiped by men Australia-wide.

Ask any bloke who doesn't wear a skivvy to describe the perfect female and one of the attributes near the top of the list will be: drinks beer.
Thankfully, women are cottoning on that a cold one brings you closer to God (dess) and are becoming increasingly au fait with tipping a tinny.

A poll a few years back found 36 percent of women had drunk beer within the last month and that 41 percent of all alcohol now consumed by women is the amber nectar. I'm actually getting teary just thinking about it ...

The beauty of beer is it's a social equaliser, it has ceased to connote a blue collar status and women now feel comfortable drinking it, safe in the knowledge they're not compromising their femininity.

Does drinking beer make a woman more attractive to men? Well, I'm sure you'll all have your opinions on the matter, but here's my perspective on why men love women who love beer.

It shows she's not pretentious
A girl who drinks beer is probably not a priss. The fact she's comfortable enough to blow the froth off a few suggests she's low maintenance, down to earth and enjoys - not just tolerates - hanging out with the boys.

It's cheaper
Um, not that blokes are stingy. It's just those eleven dollar Lemon Ruskis add up a lot quicker than tap beer. Also, if you're drinking with your boyfriend's mates, they tend to get snaky if they've got to pay extra for a woman they're no hope of sleeping with. It's like eating lobster at a restaurant, then splitting the bill with your mates who've had burgers.

She probably likes sport
Don't ask me why, it's just one of those immutable laws. If a girl enjoys a coldie, she's 1000 percent more likely to know Fui Fui Moi Moi is a rugby league player, not a honeymoon destination.

Common ground
Most blokes do it tough when they have to speak to their mate's new girlfriend. (Don't take it personally, for some guys it's just exhausting talking to women we're not related to or dating.)

However, if a man sees a woman enjoys a sherbet, it's like spotting a stranger on holiday wearing your team's footy jumper. You have a shared language. The rest flows from there.

Practicality
Ever tried carrying three schooners and a flute of champagne through a crowd of half-cut plumbers?

A sign of good breeding
If a woman drinks beer, it's an indication she's from solid stock. There's a greater chance her father and brothers will be beer drinkers and this means your average bloke will get on with them should he take a spin down the aisle.

I know there's men out there who get shivers talking about the figgy mouthfeel of their Semillon but who wants to watch the Boxing Day Test with them?

The Beer Goggle Effect
Probably the most prevalent, yet un-talked about reason men like women who drink beer. Most guys over the age of 18 know the power of the beer goggles, having woken up beside someone they probably wouldn't have gone to bed with, if sober.

Blokes are cunning enough to know the beer goggles work for women too - and usually in half the time - so it pays to hang around girls who get wiggy with the VB.

So, that's my list. I don't mean to suggest all Beer Drinking Women are favourites with the boys; a gal who rolls into her local in her trackies, sinks 10 schooners and can belch Flame Trees certainly has limited appeal.

Some men (God, knows why) are partial to what I call Sunsilk girls - those cool blondes who sip on sticky drinks like hummingbirds and look over your shoulder when you talk to them as if someone's set up a TV behind you.

By and large, however, the Beer Drinking Woman is miles ahead in the race for any man's heart and if you add to this a healthy knowledge of ball sports and a liberal attitude to perving ... well, two out of three ain't bad.

Back
Top Bottom