A different type of 'sport' bowling

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Just had a thought right now about a different way of defining 'sport' bowling. Instead of looking to everyones favorite whipping boy of the last 20 years(lane conditions) why not just change whats in the bowlers hands? Quite simply if you want to be a 'sport' bowler(and recieve a seperate class of membership and awards from 'normal' bowlers) just use non reactive equipment. It shouldn't be very hard to keep track of a 'sport' registered player during leauge to make sure the newer weaponry doesn't find it's way onto the rack(which i'm sure someone playing the game in this 'honest' fashion would not be tempted to do) If you want to hold a 'sport' tournament or leauge just have a 'no reactives/particle' rule. Lets bust out those Hammers and U-Dots and remember how to bowl again(or Yellow dots and 48's for the really brave ones!)

Im game, ive still got my yellow and wine u dots :)

Never happen though, never get enough bowlers willing todo it. Too many ego's, too much money. It's a good idea but taking the equipment out of the equation is not the answer.

Even though im young im keen then we will se how people really bowl. and how hard they have to work for hook.

last year i had request from a league in the USA to supply balls that were at least 10 years old
i supplied 83 balls that were a mixture of new and used
the league was a classic retro league 5 man x 84 teams

What are you people talking about???? Old balls - I still have my original swirl (Richie Benaud beige/blue/black) Manhatten rubber. What a challenge that would be!!! Oh, and to be fair - a Dick Webber Pro Roll.

FLOWER

Yes but you would have to bowl this event at a centre that had steel capped ball returns and no TBA officials to give out red cards.........
Because it would be the tournament from hell......... :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Just imagine some of our colorful bowlers letting go with a barrage of words and drop kicks..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Would make a great spectators event.....................

Back
Top Bottom