Ball Weight: 15lbs
Pin: 3-4 inches
Top weight: 2.7oz

DRILLING
3 1/2 pin to PAP
3 1/4 CG to PAP

Recommended lane conditions: Medium-dry to Medium-oily

Summary:
The Beast Pearl is a lovable mix of performance, good looks and affordability, true characteristics of the Columbia breed. The proven Pearlized Flexcel coverstock of the original Beast has been enhanced with MICA livens up its punch as it tears into action. The core is an inverted bulb-shaped core within a round core. The available weights are 10-16 lbs. The color of the ball is Purple Pearl with neon orange engraving.

I bought this ball while I was on holiday in the Philippines in December 2007 in the proshop at SM bowling center in Cebu city. Out on their lanes which was very dry and are wood, this thing hooked like a monster no matter how fast I rolled it. At the breakpoint, it made a strong and continuous arc. I brought it back home after my holiday and tried it out on the lanes at Ashmore Bowl where there's more oil and has AMF Anvilane synthetic surface. The reaction I got was more of a skid-snap reaction. I've recently got it resurfaced to box finish to get some nicks and scratches out of it but it still reacts like a new ball ever since I bought it :)

Back
Top Bottom