2015 BATHURST REAL ESTATE PITSTOP

I've capped all our NSW Regional Tour events at $180 or less (the exception being Orange) and a $5000 prizefund ($1000 first). Still a fair whack of money but the $200 psychological barrier needs to be kept in mind. I think a lot of my tour guys are either bowling or are busy due to Central Coast Youth Cup, ECCC and Country Challenge final rounds. I tried to schedule Grafton on this weekend when we clashed in August but decided it was too risky with so much on either side. I think Jeremy and Keryn need to be commended for getting the event up and running as it wasn't on the calendar until recently and its only through their determination that its on. Hopefully next year with a longer lead in they will double these numbers.

A SQUAD
1. KERYN DELANEY
2. JEREMY HILL
3. NEIL BUTTRISS
4. DARRYL BUTTRISS
5. JON KING
6. BRAD THOMAS
7. IVAN GIRALDO

B SQUAD
1. JOHN VELO
2. MATT RILEY
3. SAM COOLEY
4. JAMES SITTERS
5. NEIL MILLS
6. STUART STIRLING
7. ROWEY CHAPMAN

RESERVES

8. JASON BROWN
9. RANKO JANIC
10. CHERONE GRIFFITHS
11. WAYNE GRIFFITHS
12. IVO BRIGHENTI
13. ALEX SOLE
14. ADRIAN STOKES
15. SPIKE ZAHRA
16. JAMES KYRIACOU
17. ROSS SANSON
18. NEIL DONNELY
19. SIMON MILLMAN
20. GEORGE FRILINGOS
21. BROCK MASON
22. JASON BELMONTE
23. NATHANIEL MASON
24. JASON PRICE

Remember to secure your spot you need to pay a Non Refundable deposit of $100.

Those in bold have paid their deposit.

Last edited:
I didnt think you were Roysa, just want others who read this to know that without their efforts it wouldn't even be on. I really hope that this event continues well into the future

I think its an amazing effort for everyone who is involved to get this event going

Just a shame it clashed with so much

Lots of things going on, but as Matt said there are some ppl that pull out when they see #1 bowling on a tournament like this one too. Things to learn so next year hopefully you will get better numbers.
Anyway looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers,

Personally I am looking forward to the event. Though small in numbers the quality of the field is high.

It will be a tough event looking at the names on the list and making the top 12 will be as hard as any big numbers event.

For sure, its a shame from a timing point of view. Lots going on this next few weeks in the bowling world around Sydney with the national coming up. talk about value for money, what's the nationals $55 for three games with an open number of entries for the masters. Now that's poor value for money, have six cracks at qualifying and it starts to add up, some of the guys had more than 10 goes last year.

Does the number #1 in the world scare me, nah, it always a pleasure to watch Belmo bowl and to be able to watch him up close, doesn't get much better than that.

What would I change if any thing, throw in a top four or five match play at the end, that takes away the big pin fall lead and gives every body the chance at bragging rights over one game.

Either way I cant wait for the weekend and for my squad to start. So many people have the chance of making it through to Sunday making it 16 games for your entry fee. The top 12 will be made up of most of this countries best bowlers that would be in the top 12 in any event bowled in Australia.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and opinions on what would help this event in the future, its always great to get feed back from the bowlers. I knew it was close to the nationals and aware that ECCC was on but it was either this weekend or well into December, December being close to christmas and everyone on holidays i decided this would probably be the best weekend to have it, other wise this event wouldn't have went ahead.

Being a bowler myself i know how expensive the sport is, so this is something we will take on board for next years tournament. Thanks Jay for your kind words, at the end of the day we are running this tournament for you the bowlers and we thank everyone that has put their name down to bowl this year, we are looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Keryn

A SQUAD
1. KERYN DELANEY
2. JEREMY HILL
3. NEIL BUTTRISS
4. DARRYL BUTTRISS
5. JON KING
6. BRAD THOMAS
7. IVAN GIRALDO

B SQUAD
1. JOHN VELO
2. MATT RILEY
3. SAM COOLEY
4. JAMES SITTERS
5. NEIL MILLS
6. STUART STIRLING
7. ROWEY CHAPMAN
8. MICHAEL STRILING

RESERVES

9. JASON BROWN
10. RANKO JANIC
11. CHERONE GRIFFITHS
12. WAYNE GRIFFITHS
13. IVO BRIGHENTI
14. ALEX SOLE
15. ADRIAN STOKES
16. SPIKE ZAHRA
17. JAMES KYRIACOU
18. ROSS SANSON
19. NEIL DONNELY
20. SIMON MILLMAN
21. GEORGE FRILINGOS
22. BROCK MASON
23. JASON BELMONTE
24. NATHANIEL MASON
25. JASON PRICE

Remember to secure your spot you need to pay a Non Refundable deposit of $100.

Those in bold have paid their deposit.

Hi All
Cant think of a single year where there has has not been debate about dates... cost... travel time... now debate about Belmo??? sorry but does every one boycott Orange simply because Jason has his name down???

GEEZ... Belmo can still only take home one cheque! Sorry but the way it sounds anyone would think that he is sweeping out the whole prize pool and leaving nothing for anyone else

Most certainly this event nearly did not go ahead this year...

Sadly there comes a time when one must start to consider profitability of such events...
Last night i sat down with Kez and calculated the effect of the expectation of the format remaining the same 64 cut to 24 then 12 that actually adds 138 extra (apparently free) games...

Simply we have half a field
- that means we should halve the first cut... then halve the second cut... 32 cut to 12 then 6
- But what will that do to the tournament numbers? I wonder how many no shows we would have?
- Should we say just one squad A Squad moves to B Squad? or perhaps B moves to A...
- on the eve of the event not all bowlers have paid their deposits so who knows how many will turn up
- perhaps should we be expected to run it

One thing is for certain as an event organiser it is not easy (most "regional" operators would agree)
we take a big risk booking in a tournament... firstly we shut down public bookings for that day or weekend... despite returning more prize fund than total entry fees combined we struggle to fill the event... so just days out there is a rush to fill just one squad... whilst the rest of the squad(s) remain somewhat empty... we charge the bowler a lineage that is less than what we can make on that lane in ONE hour... yet we shut down our facility to the public for a day and a half... and return over $220 to your prize fund... In the weeks previous we knock back birthday parties, big groups... and on the day we have even more drop outs, some don't even bother to let you know that they won't be there, for us if you make the day 2 cut we try our hardest to get you around $200 back - yet $260 is expensive?

Simply don't know what more we can do
- Sponsorship from Bathurst Real Estate for the past 4 years...
- Sponsorship helps secure not less than $1000 for third place!!! (not $1000 for first like most events)
- Sponsorship allows us to pay to 32nd out of 64 (1:2 payout ratio)
- Sponsorship allows 32nd place cover the cost of accommodation
- Despite lower than favourable number not less than 1:3 payout maintained in previous years

Sadly I feel that the level of commitment towards this "regional" event from our major sponsor and the owners of Tenpin Bathurst is is not valued by the bowling community and really question is it worth the effort.

Anyhow thank you to our major sponsor Bathurst Real Estate and to all of the bowlers that have supported this event throughout the years as some of you know i am taking a back seat this year however i wish our tournament management team and all bowlers registered for 2015 the best of luck
Dwayne Price

Last edited:
Just putting it out there.... One of the many reasons that I am bowling in this event IS because Belmo is bowling... And looking at some of the names on the list Belmo is one of many that could take this out but bowlers are only complaining about one name on the list of high quality bowlers...

I personally love bowling with Jase. He is highlight for me. If timing was different i would be there today, but my parents are visiting from interstate for the first time this year. I really hope next year this event still goes ahead, the NSW Regional Tour guys will support it no end with some more notice and scheduling. All the best guys.

Jay

Reactions: mor
I am just about to head off for bathurst. I just booked my squads for nationals yesterday and I hope to make the open finals there

I have set myself a goal of being the best disabled bowler in Australia, and the only way to prove that is to continue to play with the best. If i'm fortunate enough to make matchplay this weekend I will get to compete against Riley, Frilingos, Belmonte, Cooley etc. Yes its good to make money and this year i'm infront slightly, but the main reason I'm doing it is because I like to compete and I like to set and achieve goals.

Belmo has to make a living like all of us and as his said before it costs him $75K a year just to do what he does so just to make minium wage he needs to make $100K, and then some of the time he donates his winnings to the juniors. That's amazing and like him wanting tenpin bowling in the Olympics so do i because then I might get to represent Australia in something because as far as i'm aware theres no other international events.

Thank you bathurst tenoin bowl. This is my first year but wont be there last!

see you in 4 hours or so

Hey All...
@Roysa i am fully aware who BELMO is infact I watched him grow up... i worked for his family... i started my bowling career with the Belmontes almost 30 years ago... Roysa I don't see your name on my entry list...

My offer to you... ill cover your entry fee... come bowl with the world champion...
then you might see that he is an asset a world champion to this industry

Reactions: mor
The beauty about forums... sadly public forums and negativity don't do much good for encouraging continued sponsorship to everyone in the interest of maintaining a positive relationship with our sponsors can we not continue the Belmo debate on our tournament thread.
Dwayne

Back
Top Bottom