2013 VSS Details & Dates

Phluff

A new year is here and I hope you all had a nice relaxing break!

A few things to run through for the new season. Most notable is the changes to the end of year. The end of year final has been scrapped following 3 years of very low entries. I understand it is a tough time of the year and people have many commitments which makes it hard. I appreciate the support of those who have been able to attend and have made it a fun weekend. It is certainly something we will look to reinstate in the future.

Fees
Due to rising costs, we have needed to make changes for the first time in 3 years to our fees. For 2013 the following prices will be in effect:
Membership - $70 Single (Shirt & discounted rate at all events) $100 Double (2 Shirts and discounted rate for 6 entries total)
Event Fees - $100 (Members) $120 (Non Members)

Rankings
Rankings points will continue to be assigned to Male & Female VSS Members at each of the 5 events. At the end of the Series there will be prize payouts to the top 5 Males & Top 3 Females. This may be extended further based on membership numbers. Amounts to be advised by Event 3.

Calendar
Avoiding clashes for the start of the year is a nightmare. Between Ranked Adult, Ranked Youth, Ranked Seniors, State Championships and Accredited events, there is something on every weekend from 25th January - 6th April. In that time frame we usually hold 2 VSS events. The end result is 2 Sunday's need to be picked that have the least impact on our field of bowlers. Taking into consideration the location of certain events, how many bowlers it will effect and how it suits the framework in which the VSS operates, the calendar is as follows:

Event 1 - Mentone - Sunday 10th February 201 (Clashes with 1st Sunday of State Championships)
Event 2 - Geelong - Sunday 24th March 2013 (Clashes with Canberra Seniors Cup)
Event 3 - Chirnside Park - Sunday 26th May 2013 (Clashes with WA Seniors Cup)
Event 4 - Point Cook - TBA (Late July 2013)
Event 5 - Epping - TBA (Late October/Early November)

Event 4 & 5 dates will be finalised once I have details and dates for State team roll-offs, Nationals and other events at that time of year.

Please let me know if there are any issues with the dates. Memberships can be paid at the first event or by direct deposit. For more details either PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

Look forward to seeing you all at the first event! Remember, last year filled up early so get those names down! Event page will be up by Friday this week.

Also actually just looking at the dates. Wouldnt it be better to hold the first event on 3rd February? I know this clashes with Joondalup Cup but really its going to affect only about 10 bowlers, compared to States where it could effect many of us because its a Victorian event.
Just a suggestion :)

Wait for the event page to be up for the names, gets messy when they are in different places.
Just talking about that idea now. The reason I went with the 10th is that it's the first weekend not the 2nd weekend, and as the States are in Morwell, wasn't sure how many VSS bowlers would be travelling out there both weekends.

You should never over lap a National event as the top end bowlers do not have much choice on whether to bowl or not, at least State Champs run more than one weekend so they have the choice to still bowl it.

You should never over lap a National event as the top end bowlers do not have much choice on whether to bowl or not, at least State Champs run more than one weekend so they have the choice to still bowl it.
Agree but it was only a suggestion, hardly any one from Victoria is going to wa that why I suggested that one.

Two of the sport series do clash with national events which are the two senior ones, should we change them too if we are saying we shouldn't clash with national events?

Events 2 & 3 are booked. Just waiting on confirmation of availability for the 1st event on the 10th.

Agree but it was only a suggestion, hardly any one from Victoria is going to wa that why I suggested that one.

Two of the sport series do clash with national events which are the two senior ones, should we change them too if we are saying we shouldn't clash with national events?

Why wouldn't you just clash it with the youth event? Not many Yth suit up in sports series, and those that do and miss the cut (as with the interstaters that miss the cut), could bowl the sports series on the Sunday.

IMO, the dates at which things are run are the least of the concerns with this series.

Event 1 - Sunday 10th Feb @ Mentone CONFIRMED
Event 2 - Sunday 24th March @ Geelong CONFIRMED
Event 3 - Sunday 19th May @ Chirnside Park CONFIRMED
Event 4 - Sunday 13th July @ Point Cook (To Be Confirmed)
Event 5 - Sunday 3rd November @ Epping (To Be Confirmed)

Ok, I see that NOW... wasn't on here when I looked last week and isn't on the accredited tournaments calendar.

I was originally going to run it on 2nd June, the concern was it's only 7 days before the Melbourne Cup and it would be an expensive week for bowlers doing both. That was the reason I moved it to the (then) free 19th May.

19th May - Sunraysia Cup
26th May - ECCC Roll Offs
2nd June - Week before MTC.

However I can see that a number of VSS bowlers are already down to head to Mildura, so for the sake of the event I will move Event 3 to Sunday 2nd June.

Sorry m8 i need to withbraw from this one The seniors calander come out and is the same Sunda

Regards Joseph

I see that Event 4 says Sunday the 13th July to be confirmed. The 13th is actually a Saturday.
Just so you are aware before confirming this date, Dandenong Dunnshield roll offs are being held on the 14th July & I know there are many dandenong bowlers who bowl the VSS tournament. You may want to change this date :)

Event 4 is Sunday 14 July and will be held at Point Cook - Jane confirmed for me on Saturday. Although may want to start getting entries, its only a month away!

Luke was going to try to change this event from that date Bc of Dandenong's dunnshield trials. I spoke to him at the last VSS.

Back
Top Bottom