2013 UTBA VIC 150 & 2013 UTBA AUSTRALIAN OPEN

raph

Raph
Hi All
Please find attached then entry forms for this year's 2013 UTBA Vic 150 & 2013 UTBA Australian Open to held at Keon Park Bowl on the 29th,30th & 31st March.
Ladies this year we revamped the Vic 150 with 2 separate divisions.
Scratch will bowl 16 games qualifying with match play on Sunday read entry form for details.
Graded will bowl 16 games with no match play the winner will be the highest pinfall including hcp. read entry form for details.

Anyone wishing to enter may do by either posting in the national ranked tournaments section or email me at [email protected] or calling Keon Park Bowl 0394604602
I would like to thank totalbowling for allowing me to put the entry forms on.
Sue Raphael
0408 642 131

Attachments

• 2013VIC 150 Entry Form.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
  • 2013 AO Entry Form.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 337
Can you please put Chris Thomas & Michael Craig down for C squad. Deposits will be paid shortly.

I don't want to sound rude..............but is this a joke? Where does our money go? Im going to use a comparrison from the weekend just gone at Joondalup, 4th place there paid $1500 and 4th here pays $900. Joondalup was based on 48 entries, this is based on 75........I understand there are more games to be bowled, but surely the difference in games couldnt amount to such a HUGE drop in prizemoney?

Also, why does the World Cup representative (who probably wont find out until after the spot has been won where the world cup is) only get $2000 towards their trip?

Coming from WA, my flights and entry fee ALONE force me now to come in a worst position of 5th, thats not including any other expenses such as accommodation, food, car etc.

Can someone please provide some answers to why this has happened??????

I don't want to sound rude..............but is this a joke? Where does our money go? Im going to use a comparrison from the weekend just gone at Joondalup, 4th place there paid $1500 and 4th here pays $900. Joondalup was based on 48 entries, this is based on 75........I understand there are more games to be bowled, but surely the difference in games couldnt amount to such a HUGE drop in prizemoney?

Also, why does the World Cup representative (who probably wont find out until after the spot has been won where the world cup is) only get $2000 towards their trip?

Coming from WA, my flights and entry fee ALONE force me now to come in a worst position of 5th, thats not including any other expenses such as accommodation, food, car etc.

Can someone please provide some answers to why this has happened??????

I agree Matt and how come entry has gone up to $260 now for scratch women, when all you have done is cut out the doubles side of the tournament and have decreased the actual prize fund because now the handicap bowlers hardly get anything

I agree Matt and how come entry has gone up to $260 now for scratch women, when all you have done is cut out the doubles side of the tournament and have decreased the actual prize fund because now the handicap bowlers hardly get anything

Yeah I agree with Bec. Previous years we have paid $190 entry to get 16 games qualifying & 11 games matchplay. This year we pay $260 for 16 games qualifying & only 7 games matchplay! Why has the format been changed this year? Why change something that wasn't broken?

If I have done the quick maths correctly for AO:

Total Fund From Bowlers Entry = $19500 (75 x 260)
Total PrizeFund = $12860
Fund Remaining = $6640 (19500 - 12860)
Total Games = 1382 (75 x 16) + (14*13). that means if no sponsors, AMF is Charging $4.80 a game (6640/1382) probably close to the mark.

This does not include the World Cup Spot of $2000 which I assume has been put up by the sponsors.

My maths could be wrong as I did it quickly but bottom line is we need more sponsors...which can be difficult.

Jez, I also did some numbers, with the toal prizefund being $13,300, i think the game rate would be about the $4.50 mark with no sponsorhsip........

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 40
I agree with people here.. Why change the format for vic150... Each year everyone looks forward to this event.. The doubles format has worked for so many years... Changing it might see a drop in the number of entries... I was looking forward to bowling but I might have to rethink about whether or I not I wanna spend so much money when the format is completely different to what people like. The doubles format brings people together. It's a shame to change something that isn't broken.

I am really not sure why they are moving away from the Vic150s tried and tested popular format. It gives plenty of up and coming women bowlers a chance to bowl and learn with the best, not just compete against them. It is probably not a bad idea to have a mens tournament like that aswell, maybe it would generate some interest in local bowlers getting the opportunity to bowl WITH the best in Aus and not feel like they are donating to them.

Anyway, Here are my quick workings for the AO and Vic150's

Pretty tight budget with an average cost of $4.66 per game if the $4000 is AMF sponsored.

If they are taking the $4000 out of the prize fund it works out to be $3.04 per game. I dont know what the going tournament game rate is but they both seem pretty reasonable.

What is obvious however is the tournamnet needs more sponsorship.

Have a look for yourself and discuss.

Attachments

• AO VIC150.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 52
And they wonder why people are losing an interest in the sport. Yes we know costs on things are going up, but to go up that much in price and drop the amount of games potentially being bowled by people is ridiculous.

Has the format and everything else been changed because its now run by UTBA? Or did they just decided to stuff around with something that worked so well and everyone enjoyed? Can it be changed back? Or is it too late?

I agree with people here.. Why change the format for vic150... Each year everyone looks forward to this event.. The doubles format has worked for so many years... Changing it might see a drop in the number of entries... I was looking forward to bowling but I might have to rethink about whether or I not I wanna spend so much money when the format is completely different to what people like. The doubles format brings people together. It's a shame to change something that isn't broken.

And they wonder why people are losing an interest in the sport. Yes we know costs on things are going up, but to go up that much in price and drop the amount of games potentially being bowled by people is ridiculous.

Has the format and everything else been changed because its now run by UTBA? Or did they just decided to stuff around with something that worked so well and everyone enjoyed? Can it be changed back? Or is it too late?

Drop in the number of entries? There were only 25 graded ladies last year!
If you have an issue with the format, or want to know why it has been changed, why don't you just pick up the phone and ring Sue????

You shouldn't bash UTBA either. They are providing some much needed sponsorship to this event. As far as I'm aware the tournament is being run by Sue and Evelyn with UTBA as the primary (if not sole) sponsor. As I said above, maybe it is best if you ring Sue and speak to her about your concerns instead of negatively expressing your views on here. The bashing of the event and its major sponsor doesn't assist in attracting new sponsors moving forward.

I never said anything bad about the UTBA... Just asked a simple question!

And although the format has changed, I'll still be there supporting it. Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Drop in the number of entries? There were only 25 graded ladies last year!
If you have an issue with the format, or want to know why it has been changed, why don't you just pick up the phone and ring Sue????

You shouldn't bash UTBA either. They are providing some much needed sponsorship to this event. As far as I'm aware the tournament is being run by Sue and Evelyn with UTBA as the primary (if not sole) sponsor. As I said above, maybe it is best if you ring Sue and speak to her about your concerns instead of negatively expressing your views on here. The bashing of the event and its major sponsor doesn't assist in attracting new sponsors moving forward.

From what I heard, they lost there major sponsor this year ( i believe it was a cleaning company), UTBA were then asked to sponsor the event and they put up some money to help ease the pain.

Back
Top Bottom