2013 Melbourne Tenpin Cup

I remember if you cashed in the Perth Cup Val would chase you for a deposit for the following year and believe me she didn't miss anyone.
Its the only way but you cant just rely on word of mouth of simply posting it here get on the horn and ring these people or god forbid send
them a entry form in the mail....still works ya know. Baron

Its my opinion that the qualifying format of this tournament needs to be reviewed. Original 9 qualifying games means nothing in reality. Original 9 should ALWAYS be included in your average with the option of adding games to IMPROVE your average; not replace it.

Merely my opinion.. This is not a sour post due to missing the cut. The tournament was the best I have ever participated in; and many others agree.

Congrats to Jason on his win and all who made the finals, great tournament I really enjoyed it, well run and great centre, well done and great job to all the staff who made it happen, thank you for great hospitality

Regards Mark W P.S Great win to the Eagles which I was present for lol

Its my opinion that the qualifying format of this tournament needs to be reviewed. Original 9 qualifying games means nothing in reality. Original 9 should ALWAYS be included in your average with the option of adding games to IMPROVE your average; not replace it.

Merely my opinion.. This is not a sour post due to missing the cut. The tournament was the best I have ever participated in; and many others agree.

I didnt bowl in it but i thought it was abit werid that u could re enter as many times like that. I always thought if u were to do a re enrty that re entry replace the 1st not part of it. Just IMO i just think it needs to be re thinked as well

In terms of the retries I think there needs to be some kind of cap. Maybe you can only bowl three re entry squads and then if you ain't in the cut then its bad luck. I know a fair few people who did six or more re entry squads which got them into the cut eventually.

Also another option which won't be a popular one is that if you do a retry you must take the score that you bowl in that retry regardless if its higher or lower.

I agree with Ryan that the original 9 games qualifying pretty much means nothing these days in this tournament so why have it? There is no reward for the ones who actually bowl well in the original qualifying at all.

Melbourne Cup is a great tournament but its just missing something ATM.

Probably should be no re-entries until at least c squad has bowled or bowl squads in 1 day. There were 4 squads before they had bowled a ball and 2 while they where bowling. Can also have that you can only replace 2 out of the 3 blocks of your 9 games qualifying

Well done to Belmo & Deana.
Good to see so many up the back watching, big thanks to the sponsors as well.
Job well done to all the staff.
If you have any thoughts on how to get more bowlers,sure Rob would be more than happy to listen.

Darrell Holt
(No Ditch No Daz)

I agree with Becks, it was my first time bowling there and I say I found the re-bowling idea a bit strange, it should be if you re-bowl then you should have to nominate that block of 3 games prior to re-bowling then that score re-places that block regardless so you forfeit that original block, and also you should only be allowed to re-bowl each block once so then people don't keep going all day, some people and mainly from A squad had put there names down on every single re-bowl squad going so left very little options for any one else from the remaining squads to have a fair chance,

On the upside....with about 30 less entries than the prize fund was based on, they actually paid it out in full, so something in there is working. Maybe just a couple of small tweaks are needed
It was great that they ended up paying in full. They have a fantastic sponsor in Schweppes which definitely helps out and Rob Zikman runs a fantastic tournament.
It is just a few small tweaks that need doing but I am sure Rob will sit down with his team and work it all out

Congrats. to Belmo and especially to Dena (I am NOT biased towards the women!) but it was a pleasing result for her ... well done.

On the upside....with about 30 less entries than the prize fund was based on, they actually paid it out in full, so something in there is working. Maybe just a couple of small tweaks are needed

That's awesome. Kudos to the sponsors and the team at Chirnside Park for a very well run tournament.
First time bowling it for me and enjoyed it.

I think the idea of having to nominate a 3 game series to be replaced is a good one. That way you can't just bowl terrible and throw it away if things go awry because it wont count. It would also mean a lot more interest in the tactics of those around the cut line as a bad re-entry could actually lose you pins. Would be a very entertaining format.

Back
Top Bottom